Making Me A Better ME !!!

Options
Hey all, I am new to MFP and am looking for friends to help keep me motivated on my life transformation goals. I am not looking to just lose weight, but tone my body, build muscle and train for a 5K I am going to run next Thanksgiving Day 2012. Please add me as a friend and we can do this together !!!

Replies

• rachel_fritz
    Options
    Hows it going? You ready for the 5k?
  • NuttyBrewnette
    NuttyBrewnette Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    hi and welcome. I'm a newbie runner...aiming to complete a 5k in January and/or Feb. Still doing walking/jogging intervals at this point.

You'll find lots of support encouragement and motivation here!

:smile:
  • NicheGuy
    Options
    Hows it going? You ready for the 5k?

I havent even started that yet. Looking at the 5K for next year. That gives me a year to drop weight. I figure I will start running and getting ready for the 5K in August or so.
  • LaMujerMasBonitaDelMundo
    Options
    Hi & welcome to MFP. I'm not a fan of long distance running (my muscles get tired easily after a 500m sprint) but I do sprint intervals as one of my cardio workout regimen along with weight lifting. Feel free to add me as your friend :smile:
  • txkelli
    Options
    I have a goal to run a 5K as well, but I actually tried walking one and found it to be LOT of fun. I love the race atmosphere. I plan to walk several before I run one. I'm hoping the experience I have with races will help me be more relaxed when I finally RUN a full 5K.
  • NicheGuy
    Options
    I have a goal to run a 5K as well, but I actually tried walking one and found it to be LOT of fun. I love the race atmosphere. I plan to walk several before I run one. I'm hoping the experience I have with races will help me be more relaxed when I finally RUN a full 5K.

I have no experience with races. But it seems like one of those stretch goals that I can make happen. Day 1 is past me..... only 364 left to go.