double chin/face change NSV - PICTURES!

Options
I can take a straight-on photograph of my face and there is NO extra chin in sight! Oh man, did I have to work those angles just to give the illusion of a single chin! I have TONS of old pictures where I was covering my face/chin with some strategically-placed object.

Please, please, please forgive my vanity with all of these pictures of myself, but my creative hiding attempts are reeaaaalllly humorous to me!

BEFORE (all taken a little over a year ago. I weighed between 220 and 210):

In which I use my (chubby) hands to cover most of my face. Side note: those rings are too big for my pointer fingers now! They used to just barely fit my ring finger.
Photoon2010-08-02at1730.jpg

In which I ACTUALLY use a fan to cover up most of my face:
Photoon2010-10-13at1042.jpg

In which I use my cat:
Photoon2010-09-20at1445.jpg

In which I angle the camera WAY above my head:
Photoon2010-10-05at16142.jpg

This is the only semi-straight on picture I could find from that time frame, but you can tell I still angled the camera a bit upward (the lower half of my face looks swollen!!):
Photoon2010-10-13at1118.jpg

AFTER/PROGRESS (taken on Halloween of this year. I was Audrey Horne from Twin Peaks! Also, I weighed about 187 lbs. Now I'm 183):

Photoon10-29-11at321pm.jpg

I admit that I *kind of* am working the angles and lighting a little bit in this one, but whatever. I love this picture! haha
Photoon10-29-11at336pm5.jpg

Thanks for looking! I hope you don't think I'm toooooo full of myself after this! haahahah :)

Replies

• Figuringoutme
    Options
    You look great!!
  • pinkgigi
    pinkgigi Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    and now you can see cheekbones! Congratulations, and I love your style.

GG
  • Beckym1205
    Beckym1205 Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    Yay! You look great!
  • wondrturtle
    wondrturtle Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I don't think you are too full of yourself, but I do think you are beautiful both before and after. Keep up the good work, you're obviously doing a great job of it and are an inspiration!!
  • latinahada
    Options
    You look fabulous!! Good work :)
  • dragonbug300
    dragonbug300 Posts: 760 Member
    Options
    Man, you're just naturally gorgeous no matter what! I can't even imagine what a heart-breaker you'll be when you reach your goal weight.

Keep up the great work!
  • ReginaB13
    ReginaB13 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    You look awesome!! Great job--you should be super proud.
  • maggiemay365
    maggiemay365 Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    You are so funny. I gotta tell you, one of the big reasons I started MFP was for that same reason, I saw photos of myself (recent) and went WTF! Now I am 8 pounds lighter (2 weeks) and feel fab. No new photos, waiting for the big reveal..now only 31 more pounds to go! You look great!:smile:
  • stevemcqueengirl
    stevemcqueengirl Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    you look amazing!
  • daunna1013
    Options
    You look great!! What fantastic progress, you are already such an obvious beauty i cant wait to see what you look like at you goal weight. Keep at it :D Def. not full of yourself!
  • maes2
    maes2 Posts: 1
    Options
    If you can do it, then I can too :)
    Thank you for giving me back my high hopes.
  • grannygethealthy1111
    Options
    Hey, pretty lady without a double chin. We have a RIGHT to be full of ourselves after all of our hard work and dedication. Keep it up! Love your pictures.
  • Eleanorjanethinner
    Eleanorjanethinner Posts: 563 Member
    Options
    I'm most taken with your Audrey eyebrows! How did you do them?

PS well done on the weight loss! I've got a bit more jawline now, but looking forward to a bit more. There have been some horrendous camera angles of me where I look like I've got mumps!
  • lovingmethin
    lovingmethin Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    You look wonderful!! And I enjoyed your post!! Trust me, I understand. One time, I took a picture of myself and I actually CUT OUT my double chin for a scrap book photo, lol!
  • Umeboshi
    Umeboshi Posts: 1,637 Member
    Options
    Ahhh! You're so pretty! In both the before pics and the new ones. :O Such a difference too! Congrats!
  • himel13
    himel13 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    You look great! I always have to try to hide my double chin too..but your ways were much more creative!lol!
  • Pwnpickles
    Options
    You look fantastic! Congrats on your success! I love your use of props, very creative and sassy :P
  • sarahp86
    sarahp86 Posts: 692 Member
    Options
    Congrats. Also your hair and makeup is fab!!!
  • Awright1989
    Awright1989 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    wow! You look great :)
  • GemmieNoWobbles
    GemmieNoWobbles Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    You look fab. Love that you used to cover your face up with your cat... hahahah... I love Twin Peaks!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!