Doing this....ONCE AND FOR ALL!!!!1

Options
I'm new to this site. My mom has been on this site for awhile now, and talked it up, and I finally decided to join. I'm a 24 year old single mom of a very active 2 1/2 year old boy. I find that I can't be as active with him as I would like to be. I've had weight issues my entire life. I've tried EVERY diet out there....multiple times. And I've never had any results. I'm honestly so tired of it. I don't want to be a size 2, I just want to be healthy and skinnier, and at a more "normal" weight. I want to be able to look in the mirror and not hate myself. And not want to avoid clothing shopping, and getting dressed to go out.

I'm ready for a change. I'm ready to be a healthy mom for my 2 year old, and be able to run and jump and play with him. And to not be embarassed by my body and my weight.

I'm hoping....no PRAYING that this time is the last time I start a new "diet". I want this to be ME time...time to get healthy, lose weight, tone up, and be happy and proud of myself. And more then anything, I want to prove to all the doubters (including myself) that I CAN DO THIS!!!

Replies

• NicheGuy
    Options
    Great attitude !!! Best of luck in your journey !!!
  • megan6709
    megan6709 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Good for you! I have the same goals, except no kids (someday, hopefully!). My inspiration for the future is my niece and nephews, who are very active.

I wish you the best of luck, and hope you will find everything you need here!
  • tanisanderson
    Options
    Good for you!!
    I feel the same way- I am a single mom of 2 crazy kids- a 3.5 year old girl and a 10 month old boy- and I decided I need to take time for myself and loose this baby weight (plus a couple dozen more)
    Before I got pregnant with my second I lost 40 lbs just by getting a little more active and tracking what I ate and when I exercised, so I know I can do it again, it was just a matter of motivation... Then I saw family pictures and I was the 'fat sister'. My mom and sister were always bigger than me my whole life but now i am the fat one so I figured its time!!
    So keep it up, you can do it!!
  • Lipvanmeier26
    Options
    Good for you!!! No time like now to get fit and lead a healthier more active and sure to be more enjoyable life.
  • kellicruz1978
    kellicruz1978 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    Good job! You have taken a great step in your journey! Just keep at it, don't give up. And reach out to the MFP community any time you need support.
    Take care!!!
  • Eleanorjanethinner
    Eleanorjanethinner Posts: 563 Member
    Options
    Hi there,

Good for you for signing up and for your commitment!

Diets don't work, as you've found! I've tried off and on for the past 8 years, but always given up after a few weeks or a month. I'm now thinking of it as eating healthy for the rest of my life and enjoying being more active for the rest of my life too.

I can have occasional treats if I budget for them. I'm not eating just rabbit food, but I am eating more fruit, veg and lean protein and less takeaways! I've found some exercise things that I quite enjoy, too but I'm not killing myself in the gym.

I think the only trick is to be very honest in your logging and keep going, day after day!

Good luck on your journey!
  • Usbornegal
    Usbornegal Posts: 601 Member
    Options
    Hi, New Mom! Here's the thing - you are not starting a diet: You are starting new lifelong habits! MFP can help you figure out what to eat, how much you can have, and where exercise fits in. You can do it!
  • leomom72
    leomom72 Posts: 1,797 Member
    Options
    welcome and good luck:drinker: feel free to add me if you like:smile:
  • AnitaAntone
    AnitaAntone Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    I hear ya! MFP has been key to me getting closer to a healthy weight than i have been before. hope you find the success that you desire here too! Good luck and feel free to friend me if i can be of support!

3697427.png
  • saraannefrazer
    saraannefrazer Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    way to go :)