What Wii dance game should I buy

Options
I like working out with the Wii because I cant get to the gym (2 little ones and a very busy husband) and also my son usually will hold my extra wii remote and "exercise" with me, its so cute!

I want to try one of the dance games which ones do you use and like and why? I want one that will really make me sweat and burn calories; but I am not very cordinated and good at things like dancing so I want it to not be too difficult to understand so I can actually do it.

Thanks!

Replies

• tashajayne2011
    Options
    I just bought wii zumba. cannot wait to try it
  • simplysara9
    simplysara9 Posts: 521
    Options
    I have both Just Dance and Zumba for the Wii and burn about the same with both games. I like Zumba because it's upbeat, with Just Dance I usually sing along and really get into it. They are both good games!
  • j_g4ever
    j_g4ever Posts: 1,925 Member
    Options
    I have just dance 2 and i really like that one.
  • LynnBirchfield
    LynnBirchfield Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    I like Just Dance....it's only looking for if you're doing your hands/arms correctly, so you have to make sure you're moving your legs along with the game.
  • starr68
    starr68 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    OOOHHHHH I did not there was such a thing as the Wii Zumba. Please let us know how this is???
  • manda2j
    manda2j Posts: 63
    Options
    i've heard really good things about the zumba :)
  • JannineOwen
    JannineOwen Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    we have just dance 2, good game but some of the songs can be pretty annoying lol, it's great fun, especially if you can't dance like me :)
  • RushinBruisette
    RushinBruisette Posts: 2,109 Member
    Options
    I really enjoy the Just Dance ones.. they are coming out with a 3rd soon.

The first is pretty easy, the second has more song selection and moves are a little harder. I'm not very coordinated either, so it takes me a few tried with each song, but it totally helped me last summer. I sweated my butt off with it when I was heavier. Now that I'm 40ish away from my goal, it's taking much more effort to burn ;)

Good luck finding what's right for you!!
  • Shannmarrs
    Shannmarrs Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Zumba is awesome...I've also done Just Dance (1&2), and I have Gold's Gym Dance Workout (and I'm in love with it) :love:
  • akaHelenParr
    Options
    Just dance 2
  • texasladysv
    texasladysv Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Wii dance is fun, but Wii Zumba is more! I can keep up with the dance, but the Zumba dance is faster & a little complicated... But it has a section where it teaches the steps.. it moves pretty fast even in that section, but over repetition, it gets easier~ and WOW you get a serious workout! I can only do about 8 min of it~
  • sharidiane
    sharidiane Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    I really like Just Dance. It has an 'effort' tag for each song ... each song is a 1, 2, or 3 as far as effort goes. So I mix it up like this:

... etc. I do 10 rounds. I usually burn around 400 calories, and it's the added benefit of interval training, by mixing up and combining the difficulty. I love it!
  • bethmakesmusic
    bethmakesmusic Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Just Dance 2 has been perfect for me! You can chose easier of more difficult songs and it really makes you sweat! I am totally uncoordinated but I have a ball!
  • waguchan
    waguchan Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    I have Wii Fit, EA Sports Active II, Wii Zumba, Just Dance 1 and 2, and Michael Jackson.

I haven't used Wii Fit yet, except in combination with EA Sports Active II. You might like EA Sports Active because it's not dancing and it's working out with a virtual personal trainer and it tracks your weight and your progress. But I found it to be a bit slow, and even on the hardest setting, the workout wasn't hard for me. Also, it was a pain to hold the wii controler while doing strength exercises with the band. I will stick with my Insanity DVDs instead of using that workout.

I can't stand Wii Zumba. I like to do zumba live, in a class. The user interface on the Wii Zumba game is just plain bad design. And the music selection is bad. I love Latin music. I even met my husband while Salsa dancing. But am very dissapointed with the song collection on Zumba.

My favorites are Michael Jackson and Just Dance 1 and 2. I enjoy doing these with my kids. They make me sweat while having fun. But I like to dance, and it seems you don't.
  • Sarahmeridith
    Sarahmeridith Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    I use EA active 2 already, it kicks my butt! Just thinking of getting adance game to try something different.
  • SiltyPigeon
    SiltyPigeon Posts: 920 Member
    Options
    I LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE Wii Zumba!!!! I'm not very coordinated but I'm getting better! I makes me sweat and gives me that exercise high. I recommend it 100%!!!
  • PinoB
    PinoB Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Any new opinions about Just Dance vs. Zumba?