New Scales Quandary

Options
The scales I've been using to measure my progress have finally gone wonky. It started with them only measuring properly on the second try. I'd step on once, get a wrong measure, step on twice and that was correct. Now, it can give a difference of 3 lbs over several attempts. = Justification for putting out $40 on a new set.

Here's the question. My new scales measure about 1 lb lighter than my old. Do I just jump to the new measure and register that as a one pound loss or do I continue to calculate by adding the discrepancy to my measure ie: "202 lbs +1 extra.

What would you do?

AW
PS. Yes, this is really no big deal...just making conversation! :)

Replies

• cpow81
    cpow81 Posts: 114
    Options
    I would count that as a 1lb loss :)
  • goldfinger88
    goldfinger88 Posts: 686 Member
    Options
    I've had the same problem. It's best to use the same numbers. But the best thing to do is determine which scales is correct (if that's possible) and start going by those scales. You can't really record it as a loss, however.
  • mestupscout
    mestupscout Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I'd count it as a loss too. For $40, I'd want to lose a pound. LOL
  • akgrl1020
    Options
    If you are sure the new scale is accurate, I would log it as a loss, or adjust your start weight by a pound. I had to replace my scale, and it was showing me a pound or two heavier then the old one, you are lucky!
  • kaaaayla
    kaaaayla Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    count it as a loss! you could gain or lose more than one pound during the course of one day. no biggie.
  • spider33ca
    spider33ca Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Count it as a loss..
    You will be surprised when you visit the doctor's office. Their scale usually add a few more pounds.
    A bit of a downer cause in one visit it undermines months of weigh-loss.

As long as you keep using the same scale here on it. you'll be able to track your progress.
  • Honest_Sandy
    Options
    Count it as a loss! With a new scale, it should give you an accurate measure...so...Congrats! You lost a lb without trying! Good Job!