Hip / Thigh / Butt excercises...?

Options
Okay so today I got size 0 jeans [not bragging, just saying :tongue: ]. And like they fit me, but I still think I look fat. I think its just because my hips and butt are big, lol compared to the rest of me cause i'm really skinny everywhere else.
So i was just wondering if there are any good exercises for that area? Like any advice would be great! thanks so much! :smile: :smile: :smile:

Replies

• lilmissnicole
    Options
    Okay so today I got size 0 jeans [not bragging, just saying :tongue: ]. And like they fit me, but I still think I look fat. I think its just because my hips and butt are big, lol compared to the rest of me cause i'm really skinny everywhere else.
    So i was just wondering if there are any good exercises for that area? Like any advice would be great! thanks so much! :smile: :smile: :smile:
  • VballLeash
    VballLeash Posts: 2,456 Member
    Options
    I have the same problem! Everyone says to do squats and lunges, it will help you slim down if you really stick to it! :happy:

~Leash :heart:
  • lilmissnicole
    Options
    I have the same problem! Everyone says to do squats and lunges, it will help you slim down if you really stick to it! :happy:

~Leash :heart:
    Awesome, thank you!!! :wink:
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    RUN

I am wearing a pair of shorts right now- when I bought them, my thighs and butt filled them up! I'm talking no extra space, uncomfortable to sit, the works.

I have done regular cardio(elliptical) and running, and I have (easily) four inches of extra material around my legs. now they fir like comfortable gym shorts should.
  • lilmissnicole
    Options
    RUN

I am wearing a pair of shorts right now- when I bought them, my thighs and butt filled them up! I'm talking no extra space, uncomfortable to sit, the works.

I have done regular cardio(elliptical) and running, and I have (easily) four inches of extra material around my legs. now they fir like comfortable gym shorts should.
    Sweet!!! I definitely am going to start running, thanks so much. :happy:
  • pixiestick
    pixiestick Posts: 839 Member
    Options
    Agreed on the running: works like a charm.

Another thing is to do lateral lunges.
  • lilmissnicole
    Options
    Agreed on the running: works like a charm.

Another thing is to do lateral lunges.
    What are lateral lunges? Is that just like regular lunges?
  • pixiestick
    pixiestick Posts: 839 Member
    Options
    face forward, then step out at a 45o angle, back foot planted firmly. When you lunge, you should bring your knee down over your toes, but not further. repeat on each side.

If you want to get a little back/shoulder/arm tone with that, add weights by swinging them out to the end of your foot and touch the floor whilst in the lunge. Then, pull the weights into a bicep curl. For added cardio, extend this to an arnold press above your head before heading back down the other leg. :flowerforyou:
  • lilmissnicole
    Options
    face forward, then step out at a 45o angle, back foot planted firmly. When you lunge, you should bring your knee down over your toes, but not further. repeat on each side.

If you want to get a little back/shoulder/arm tone with that, add weights by swinging them out to the end of your foot and touch the floor whilst in the lunge. Then, pull the weights into a bicep curl. For added cardio, extend this to an arnold press above your head before heading back down the other leg. :flowerforyou:
    Oh, that sounds complicated. Lol but I'm sure I can do it, thanks!!!! :happy: :heart: