Off To A Good Start

Options
Hi all. I'm 45, 5' 6" and DOWN to 235 as of my last weigh in. That's 15lbs since I joined a month ago. I'm finding the site pretty useful, although it could use some serious usability enhancements in the logging section.

I have a question. What's the point of adding friends? What do you get that you don't get in the open forum?

RR

Replies

• cpow81
    cpow81 Posts: 114
    Options
    Great job on the loss so far!

I find my friends keep me motivated by posting on my wall vs. just hanging around in forums. Some of my friends also post their diary (of foods for the day) and I've gotten some ideas on different things to eat.
  • lhg005
    Options
    I joined because my mom and her friend did, and my mom and I have a shared goal of losing weight by my wedding next June. The three of us stay connected and having our personal updates available to the three of us makes us feel even more guilty about slip ups!

P.S. Congrats on the 15lbs!
  • RafterRattler
    Options
    Thanks for the info! Do friends get to see each others news feed? What about the diary - does it have to be shared manually, or can you see what your friends are eating? While I am tired of being fat, I'm a pretty private person and not sure how much I want to share.

....although, I could use some friends. :( Too bad there's no chat room.

RR
  • trlyblssd79
    trlyblssd79 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    how do you post on open forum? I don't know how to do that although I know how to blog. Can someone let me know how it's done?
  • RafterRattler
    Options
    By open forum, I meant here. :)

RR
  • miss_p90x
    miss_p90x Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    The friends keep me motivated and going with my good habits (esp nutrition, I try to look for ideas from others).
  • lhg005
    Options
    The food diary privacy is a manual option, and starts out private. I made mine public so I could share recipes, but my mom and her friend's are private.

However, all positive info is public. So, when your status gets updated to, "[username] lost 1lb since her last weigh in and has lost 4lbs total" that will be viewable by all your friends. Same with the "[username] completed her food diary for today and was under her calorie goal"

If you gain weight or are over your calorie goal, that isn't reported =]
  • RafterRattler
    Options
    Wow, thanks lhg! I can now see your updates in my news feed, and I can see your diary! This could be fun. :)
  • trlyblssd79
    Options
    I know you meant on here ( what I responded to). I have no idea how to do what you just did :) Sorry if I sound stupid. Just can't figure it out. lol
  • RafterRattler
    Options
    I know you meant on here ( what I responded to). I have no idea how to do what you just did :) Sorry if I sound stupid. Just can't figure it out. lol

Do you mean start a new discussion? If so, from the main list of topics, there's a 'New Topic' button in the upper right of the page. Do you not have one?

RR
  • trlyblssd79
    Options
    No :( I don't see that where you said to look. Maybe it has to do with my settings or something - not sure? Thnks anyways and congrats on your 15 pound weight loss! That's great!! Still trying to get there myself
  • trlyblssd79
    Options
    Found it in Need Help section lol thnx
  • RafterRattler
    Options
    Great! Glad you were able to find it!

RR