Suggestions for lunch at work?

Options
So I've been doing pretty much the same lunch every day for the last two weeks which is -

Spinach
Tuna in springwater
'3 Beans & Corn'
Balsamic Dressing

This totals to about 214 calories which I find amaze balls. It's not hugely filling but it keeps me satisfied. It is also very easy to prepare - open this, open that, grab this, throw in that and wahlah!

I am looking for other options that are around 200-350 calories.

I work just up the road from a supermarket so am looking for things I can pretty much just open and put together easily.

Any ideas/suggestions you have would be greatly appreciated. I think I need to 'change it up' a bit before I get sick of this meal!

Thank you.

Replies

• splucy
    splucy Posts: 353
    Options
    By the way I'm not a fussy eater so throw everything you can at me! :P
  • bill_i_am
    bill_i_am Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    I like roasted red pepper hummus in 1/2 a pita bread with cucumbers and some tomatoes. It's about 200-225 depending on pita bread and what type of hummus you get.
  • eddie8131
    eddie8131 Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    I love the Tortillas with veggies in them, or just a regular tortilla (120 cals). Make a wrap with 4 oz. of sliced turkey breast (100 cals) is 220 calories. I put a little spicy mustard on that (0 calories). Add in an apple or a 70 calorie yogurt and you are around 300. I find the tortilla to be very filling and is much less than 2 slices of bread would be. Link to the veggie tortillas: http://www.tumaros.com/
  • saraannefrazer
    saraannefrazer Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    maybe get some rolls and change up the ingredients?

If you like seafood maybe go for some crumbed fish from the frozen freezer section and go a side of salad.

theres heps of things i just cant think of any more right now
  • BenderFitness
    Options
    I make a salad with fresh spinach, red grapes, baby carrots, fresh broccoli and mushrooms. I may add tuna or grilled chicken. Sometimes I add a few artichoke hearts and some olives. I top it with a bit of balsamic vinegar. It's delicious and super healthy!
  • eneale
    eneale Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Hi! I take Green Giant Antioxidant Blend Frozen Vegetables to lunch alot, its 100 calories if you eat the whole thing, yields about 2/3 cup cooked per serving (2 serving in a box), I usually eat it with a piece of baked chicken or fish (also about 100 calories for 4oz).

Sometimes I have a cucumber salad (sliced cucumbers, cherry tomatoes, red onion, apple cider vinegar, and pepper), i also eat this as a snack. Very filling as a snack, tasty, and good for you!

You can have a pita with fresh veggies and hummus, throw some tuna of chicken in!
  • kyylieeeeee
    kyylieeeeee Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    My lunch at work is usually pretty low-carb and high-protein, and it's usually a combination of this in a salad:
    Spinach and/or lettuce
    Protein: hard boiled egg, shrimp, tuna, steak, grilled chicken, smoked salmon (the really good kind goes amazing in salad!), etc
    More veggies like cucumber, zucchini, red pepper, green beans, broccoli
    Cheese (cheddar, feta, goat, whatever I have around)
    Yogurt or olive oil based salad dressing.

I never get sick of salads because I mix them up every day. I find that mixing up the protein really helps-- if I had grilled chicken in my salad every day I think I'd get so bored!

Other things I like to make for lunch--
    -Greek or Icelandic yogurt with a small bit of chocolate protein powder and fresh fruit
    -Leftovers from previous night's dinner
    -Cold grain salads (like quinoa or bulgar) with chick peas, olive oil, and goat/feta cheese

I'm not much of a boring sandwich/wrap kind of girl. Food is too much fun!
  • lupa01
    lupa01 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    I eat a Weight Watchers Smart Ones meal EVERY day for lunch, because I want to take all the guess work out of what I'm going to eat every day, and the fact that they are around 2 bucks each at Walmart, which is quite economical for me.lol The only thing that I have to be careful of is to watch the sodium, as some of them tend to be pretty high. But they have a good selection to choose from so that shouldn't be a problem. I try not to go over 700mg. They are satisfying and tasty too.
  • lupa01
    lupa01 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    I eat a Weight Watchers Smart Ones meal EVERY day for lunch, because I want to take all the guess work out of what I'm going to eat every day, and the fact that they are around 2 bucks each at Walmart, which is quite economical for me.lol The only thing that I have to be careful of is to watch the sodium, as some of them tend to be pretty high. But they have a good selection to choose from so that shouldn't be a problem. I try not to go over 700mg. They are satisfying and tasty too.

They also usually range from 180-300 calories a meal. I haven't seen any with more than 300 calories.:-)
  • splucy
    Options
    Thank you for all of your suggestions!

I ended up having -

Mountain Bread - Light Rice Wraps, 1 wrap (25g) 68 13 0 3
    Always Fresh - Fire Roasted Peeled Whole Peppers, 30 g. 7 1 0 0
    Coles - Tzatziki Dip, 20 g 17 2 1 1
    Morrisons - Vine Ripened Cherry Tomatoes, 60 g 10 2 0 0
    Cucumber - With peel, raw, 0.5 cup slices 8 2 0 0
    Coles - Sliced Turkey Breast 97% Fat Free, 50 g 46 2 1 9

Long story short - light bread wrap, peppers, tzatziki, tomato, cucumber and light turkey.

This totalled 156 calories! eep. I think I need to dive in to some snacks a little earlier than usual as I'm sure I'll begin getting hungry really early.

So tasty though! First time I've had tzatziki :) I'm inlove!
  • splucy
    Options
    whoa $2 meals! That's soooo cheap :) not sure if we have them here in Australia but any microwave meal is around US$6 in price. Australia is so expensive when it comes to food!