New to MFP

Options
Hey all !!! Just wanted to introduce myself...

Happily married, mother of 2. I work full time, and have a pretty busy life. I enjoy spending time with my family, and being involved in my work, and my community. I rarely spend time only on myself, and have decided to make the time to do this for me :) It's long overdue. Feel free to add me as a friend......Support is always good :) Let's get losin!!!!!

Replies

• daunna1013
    Options
    Good for you making time for yourself, this is an awesome place to start!
  • Welcome =)
  • spiritgurl
    spiritgurl Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you're off to a great start with your positive attitude. You can do this!! Good luck...
  • lauragordon03
    Options
    Just added you. Welcome and best of luck!
  • RobinW1a
    Options
    Hi My name is Robin. I've been weight training twice a week for about 9 months. In addition to weights, I also do cardio of 30 minute hill intervals bi-weekly and Zumba once a week. I've been trying to lose weight since quitting my job to be an at home mom almost 2 years ago. So far I only lost 6 (cry) pounds. Yeah, I'm 50 years old, but i never thought it would be THIS hard to lose weight! I thought after I quit my desk job, and put my bad eating habits behind me that the weight would drop off.
    I've read that hormones are a big culprit at menopausal age, so I'm taking hormone replacement for just over 3 weeks now. I stick to a 1200 calories a day diet. I eat vegetables and fruit, whole grains and protein. Still the fat just doesnt go away!

Yeah, I feel better. I can leg press 180 lbs and curl 40 lbs. I can almost make it through an etire hour of Zumba without stopping after 5 classees.
    I want to drop the 40 lbs I put on over the last 10 years, from having 2 children, a sweet tooth and a desk job.

I dont know what else to try. Please, Anyone have any ideas??
  • beautiful_skin
    Options
    Have you tried yoga???? If works for me. It does soo much!!!