strength training group

Options
I am fairly new to strength training and would like to get into a group to discuss workouts goals ect. I have cruised through all the groups and didn't find any for us newer people looking to learn. It would be great if someone wanted to start a group (I don't want to) but I will. to create a group you need at least 3 people who will join it so I thought I would through this out here and see if their are others who are interested. I would love to see some one with experience lead/moderate the group I am sure their are some people here who are trainers or would like to be.

So if your interested in creating the group or being part of it reply so we can get started.

Replies

• jakejacobsen
    jakejacobsen Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    I am guessing not....:ohwell: but if you found this in the old posts by searching; and wish to do this message me thanks.
  • Laces_0ut
    Laces_0ut Posts: 3,750 Member
    Options
    i'd definitely be interested in joining a group like that but like you dont want to start it. :)
  • jakejacobsen
    Options
    thats 2 we need at least 3 I will start it, I just don't have much experance but I would love to learn together.
  • MisterDubs303
    MisterDubs303 Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options
    I'm a newer lifter, but I'm not sure why we need a new group of newbies. Isn't that kind of like the blind leading the blind? I was thrilled to finally find the bodybuilding group today. I had been searching under "strength" "lifting" "weight training" and couldn't find anything. If a new group starts, I will still join, but I think that those in the bodybuilding group would be able to offer better advice to us than each other. Just my opinion.
  • Mrs2Mac
    Mrs2Mac Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Count me in!
  • jakejacobsen
    Options
    I'm a newer lifter, but I'm not sure why we need a new group of newbies. Isn't that kind of like the blind leading the blind? I was thrilled to finally find the bodybuilding group today. I had been searching under "strength" "lifting" "weight training" and couldn't find anything. If a new group starts, I will still join, but I think that those in the bodybuilding group would be able to offer better advice to us than each other. Just my opinion.

I went there as did many others they never responded to any of the new people asking for help my self included
  • Cathleenr
    Options
    I am fairly new to strength training and would like to get into a group to discuss workouts goals ect. I have cruised through all the groups and didn't find any for us newer people looking to learn. It would be great if someone wanted to start a group (I don't want to) but I will. to create a group you need at least 3 people who will join it so I thought I would through this out here and see if their are others who are interested. I would love to see some one with experience lead/moderate the group I am sure their are some people here who are trainers or would like to be.

So if your interested in creating the group or being part of it reply so we can get started.

o there are quite a few members who lift and contribute to the boards, so participation/advice/guidance wouldn't be an issue. i don't think i have the time to mod it, tho i'd be happy to be part of teh group!.