And...what should I eat now?

Options
bms34b
bms34b Posts: 401 Member
Hey MFP'rs. Check out my diary. I've got about 250 calories left, am reasonably hungry but could also go without eating. It's my first day back from maintenance (I cycle) and I just don't know what to eat. I've got potatoes and sweet potatoes lying around, along with oatmeal and other healthy stuff like veggies and soups. But, any ideas I haven't thought of? I don't mind food prep.

OR other ideas. Anything goes.

Replies

• MissMaryMac33
    MissMaryMac33 Posts: 1,433 Member
    Options
    Personally I would have a protein shake or some fage 0% greek yogurt unless you're trying to figure out what to have for dinner.
  • annabellj
    annabellj Posts: 1,337 Member
    Options
    if you have five lbs to go and you arent that hungry I would skip it myself!
  • juliapurpletoes
    juliapurpletoes Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    eat real food, not protein shakes and all that.....try to eat to your goals, it is the best way i know of!
  • gaylelynnbell
    gaylelynnbell Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    I never eat if I'm not hungry. The occasional day below your target will do no harm. Eating without hunger is what got us all here in the first place!
  • Kimbers70
    Kimbers70 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    eat real food, not protein shakes and all that.....try to eat to your goals, it is the best way i know of!

I agree!:wink:
  • GateCrasher1
    GateCrasher1 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Waffles. I'd go waffles.
  • sryan8408
    Options
    How about some veggie soup? Small amount of calories but will kill your hunger. I honestly cannot go to bed hungry. I don't sleep well. Or maybe just do a warm cup of tea.
  • premiumchilenita
    premiumchilenita Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    I love making vegetable soups when I'm feeling like you, they are low in calories and filling and not bloating. just add your veggies, some seasoning and let it simmer. DONE!
  • claire_xox
    claire_xox Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    seems stupid to force yourself to eat if you're not hungry - so I'd go a treat, bowl of ice cream will give you about 200 cals. yum :)
  • MissMaryMac33
    MissMaryMac33 Posts: 1,433 Member
    Options

Absolutely nothing wrong wtih good protein shakes. I'm not talking about the pre-made shakeology crap.
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    Baked potato with some veggies
    Veggie soup
    Grainy bread with peanut butter
    Fruit and yoghurt

How are your macros looking for the day? See what you are short on and then you can bias your snack towards protein, carbs or fat depending on the balance you need.
  • hush7hush
    hush7hush Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options
    I'd also probably skip it.

If you just came down from maintenance, a low day will happily shock your system. :)
  • gonnaloseitforever
    Options
    Slightly off topic, but I love the idea of cycling (at least, I love what I think it is in my head). What exactly is it, and what is your pattern?