My endorphin-induced epiphany.

Options
Just posted this on my blog...thought I would share it here as well. :)

Wow. So here I sit covered in sweat, just having finished week 3 of my Couch to 5k program and Level 3 of Jillian Michael's Ripped in 30 workout. I think I just pushed myself harder than I ever have in my entire life. That reality just hit me, and honestly I am almost moved to tears. Of happiness, of pride. Jillian is so right when she says that exercise isn't just a physical thing, but that it transcends into your daily life. I have discovered this now.

It's not just hearing the compliments of 'wow, you're losing weight', 'you look great', and 'what are you doing??' It's the smile on my face. It's the pep in my step, my posture, it's how my eyes now look up and ahead to face the world instead of down at the ground, trying to remain invisible. It's how my social anxiety is going away. I no longer want to just stay at home all the time like a hermit. I WANT to go out, see my friends, family, be in public, anything....everything. I want to LIVE. I want to experience life. It's not just looking better, it's feeling better. It's taking care of my body, feeding it healthy things, loving myself. It's changing my whole lifestyle and feeling my life-long depression start to dissipate. It's pushing my mind and body to the limit, farther than I ever imagined possible. It's eliminating the word 'CAN'T' out of my vocabulary. It's helping to encourage others to do the same.
When I work out, when I run- I feel strong, powerful. I feel like I can handle anything life brings to me. It is a form of meditation to me, a mental and spiritual practice. I don't think about the problems or stresses in my life; if anything it relieves my stress and helps me stay focused on the positive things and the goals I have set for myself in every aspect of my life.

I am so thankful to MFP, all of it's users and especially my friends on here. You are all so kind, sweet, supportive and inspirational to me. You all push me to keep going. As I sit here with my sweat-drenched clothes, frizzy hair and makeup-less face, I feel more beautiful than ever before. And though I am still far from my goal, for the first time in my life I have no doubts in my mind that I will reach it.

Replies

• sunny5120fl
    Options
    that is awesome!! What an inspiration!! What u have right now is what I want. U go girl!!! :drinker:
  • bjfmade
    bjfmade Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    Yes you will! Keep it up!
  • hausofnichele
    hausofnichele Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    I almost cried just reading your post! Couldn't have said it ANY better.
  • hulietta
    hulietta Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Awesome! Keep it up.
  • maryloo2011
    Options
    Awe...! Love that 'tude and totally know what you are talking about...
  • aj11016
    Options
    That is just AWESOME! I had a similar epiphany the other day, that I was the only one standing between who I am and who I want to be :) Just great job and keep up the good work!
  • Hayesgang
    Options
    Well said!!!

It truly is amazing when we regain control of our lives, when we realize we are worth the time and effort, when we realize we are strong and WE must do this for ourselves. No one can take any of this away from us unless we let them.

Always remember you are the best friend you will ever have.
  • 170isreal
    170isreal Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    That was so beautiful! Get it girl!!!!!
  • Abelrose
    Options
    thanks for posting your feelings. You are so good at describing the transformation. I understand how you feel. I've been so out of shape and unhealthy and the past two weeks I have gotten on the elliptical almost every day and logged my food diary. I've lost eight pounds but the biggest change is the commitment to exercise. I love being covered in sweat. I feel like I can cope with life better because I am coping with the difficulty of exercising. It really does change your life for the better. Thanks again for posting.
  • annabellj
    annabellj Posts: 1,337 Member
    Options
    I did start crying! I used to be at the gym for two hrs a day which was no problem for me before my car accident. I only was injured neck and shoulders but it totally threw my life out of kilter. I couldnt workout for months and could only walk. I spiraled into a depression and gained back 15 lbs that i worked hard to keep off for a yr and half. I just started back last wk and I couldnt be happier! In just a wk I have lost 3 lbs but more than the loss is how I feel. it changes everything!
  • nicehormones
    nicehormones Posts: 503 Member
    Options
    I loved reading this.
  • lindzmt22
    Options
    Thanks everyone, I'm glad it could touch you in some way. I cried a few happy tears myself earlier! Much love to you all. :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!