Bread storage?

Options
I know this is really random and probably silly, but how do you guys store your bread products to keep them fresh? I keep mine sitting on the counter, and I constantly notice condensation from within the bread bags, whether it be a sliced loaf or english muffins or anything.. Probably not good :/

Replies

• Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    I know this is really random and probably silly, but how do you guys store your bread products to keep them fresh? I keep mine sitting on the counter, and I constantly notice condensation from within the bread bags, whether it be a sliced loaf or english muffins or anything.. Probably not good :/

If its not going to be used in a day or two, I put bread and similar stuff in the freezer.
  • SergeantSunshine_reused
    Options
    I put them in the fridge as soon as i get home :]
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    Fridge.
  • chevy88grl
    chevy88grl Posts: 3,937 Member
    Options
    I put them in the fridge - not only for freshness, but to keep my bread loving cat out of it! LOL. Nothing worse than going to make a sandwich and your bread slices have cat bite marks in them. Eww. lol
  • Beezil
    Beezil Posts: 1,677 Member
    Options

You definitely want to keep the bread in a dark place - pantry or "bread box", yes they still make them. :) And make sure it's cool/dry wherever you store it.
  • nicehormones
    nicehormones Posts: 503 Member
    Options
    I put them in the fridge - not only for freshness, but to keep my bread loving cat out of it! LOL. Nothing worse than going to make a sandwich and your bread slices have cat bite marks in them. Eww. lol

Haha that's kinda cute though. If it's not your bread, anyway lol
  • LisaKyle11
    LisaKyle11 Posts: 662 Member
    Options
    we keep ours in a drawer in the kitchen.... cool and dark (and dry).

....unfortunately had to part ways with the antique breadbox passed down from my grandmother (if broke about a year ago).
  • dcmat
    dcmat Posts: 1,723 Member
    Options
    Can't beat a proper stone bread bin. However, making our own bread it never lasts too long! As a 'trest' hot bread, butter, homemade jam and a mug of tea - lush
  • BeautyFromPain
    BeautyFromPain Posts: 4,952 Member
    Options
    cupboard
  • 99Tinkerbell
    Options
    Bread box for me I have a old one and have refinished it a few times because the new one's aren't as nice. My cat licks the butter if I leave it on the counter. Both the cats.
  • 21karensmith
    21karensmith Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Fridge :bigsmile:
  • missjoci
    missjoci Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    Fridge or cupboard, depends on the type of bread. Sometimes I freeze the bread if I have too much, works really well.
  • missjoci
    missjoci Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    Bread box for me I have a old one and have refinished it a few times because the new one's aren't as nice. My cat licks the butter if I leave it on the counter. Both the cats.

Hahaha! I found that out the hard way too. ;)
  • Beezil
    Beezil Posts: 1,677 Member
    Options
    Can't beat a proper stone bread bin. However, making our own bread it never lasts too long! As a 'trest' hot bread, butter, homemade jam and a mug of tea - lush

Good lord I miss homemade bread and jam. ;(
    Need to learn how to make some... haha
  • futiledevices
    futiledevices Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    We keep it in the fridge.. it stays good for so long!
  • artemis222
    artemis222 Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    Living in Southern Utah, I COULD keep on the counter for days and have nothing happen. I usually keep mine in a bread box anyways. When I lived in Florida it went straight into the fridge, otherwise it would mold too fast. It depends on where you live.
  • inspiration345
    inspiration345 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    So sweet :). I thought carbs was bad for cats.
  • 1a1a
    1a1a Posts: 761 Member
    Options
    I want a bread box :-D (stashing in the drawer is a brilliant idea!)
  • Ant_M76
    Ant_M76 Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    Put it in a cupboard or ideally a bread bin. Putting bread in the fridge is just wrong imho :noway: