Have you ever felt that your actually afraid of losing weigh

Options
I know this sounds weird but im finding that im feeling a bit weird about wanting to go back to my old weight. The weight before the baby. I mean dont get me wrong i hate the way i look now, but i also hated all of the attention i got from guys when i was thinner. Like when i was thinner and had an amazing body all of the attention from guys was just negative.... and im feeling as tho im just comfortable in my body right now because i dont get that negative attention anymore.. i dunno just some thoughts im having i guess. But is there anyone else out there that has or has had these feelings? i feel like im the only one....

Replies

• flyawaybyebye
    Options
    I think it's normal to feel that way. Any major life change, like weight loss, is going to create some anxiety. But your health and well-being is worth confronting those fears and moving past them. Good luck!
  • quan5g
    Options
    Weight gain is like a shield from things you don't know how to handle.
  • missjoci
    missjoci Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    I think sometimes it's easier to justify not doing something than going through with it, I constantly back off losing for that reason. For instance, I'm cheap so I don't want to buy new clothes. Seems easier a lot of times to do nothing. I wouldn't focus on the negative attention you got, try thinking about how great YOU will feel in body and mind if you're at the weight you want to be.
  • KimberlyLoveMe
    Options
    i didnt gain my wieght because i didnt know how to deal with things. i gained weight because i carried a baby within me.
  • premiumchilenita
    premiumchilenita Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    I have felt like that in the past. I started losing a whole lot of weight and started to get a lot of attention that I was very not use to and started to feel self conscious and uncomfortable. Some I loved, others not so much, but although all this happens around you that you can not control. there is one thing that you can, and it's you. I loved walking into shops and puting on anything and looked great. I loved wearing swimsuits, where I haven't for a long time and I made all these changes for me. Who cares what everyone else thinks, at least you know you look fabulous..... and confident:smile:

Redirect your thoughts from negative to positive and put your mind in those situations and make a conscious decision that your going to feel good......remember this is a great thing
  • lilieslosinit
    lilieslosinit Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    You're not the only one! I was listening to a Jillian Michael's podcast. A lady called in and she was asking how to get motivated. Jillian told her that motivation comes from within. She asked the lady "What does being fat afford you?" Everyone has their reasons for sort of liking being fat, and they're almost always surprisingly good reasons, but you have to convince yourself that the reasons to be healthy are more important than the reasons to stay fat. Definitely not an easy feat.

My reason for liking being fat is that I can be lazy--I can lay on the couch instead of exercise and I can eat fast food instead of cook. Another reason is that I don't want to be "that" friend when I go out with my girlfriends who is all picky and won't enjoy certain things because I'm on a "diet." I can tell myself that I just don't eat those things anymore because they're not healthy, but that's a lie. I still like them. That is where my struggle is.
  • realrayne10
    realrayne10 Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    I know this sounds weird but im finding that im feeling a bit weird about wanting to go back to my old weight. The weight before the baby. I mean dont get me wrong i hate the way i look now, but i also hated all of the attention i got from guys when i was thinner. Like when i was thinner and had an amazing body all of the attention from guys was just negative.... and im feeling as tho im just comfortable in my body right now because i dont get that negative attention anymore.. i dunno just some thoughts im having i guess. But is there anyone else out there that has or has had these feelings? i feel like im the only one....

I struggle with this all the time, especially now that I am getting closer to my goal weight. It seems as though all of the men of my past are crawling out of the woodwork looking to "reconnect". While it is much easier to order a pizza than to deal with these losers, I would not go back to 240lbs of miserable for anything.
  • Misiaxcore
    Misiaxcore Posts: 659 Member
    Options
    I think I rather feel great in my own skin. I was, and still am, extremely self-concious with my body, so I mine as well look good and just ignore any negative attention that would make me self-concious. If that makes sense.
  • RoadkingDavid
    RoadkingDavid Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Even as a man, yes. A happy fat man is less tempted to stray. Don't ask me why, it's just true. I found a certain comfort in fatness, and I must admit the extra attention from the ladies as I am no longer invisible is a little difficult to get used to.