What to add to my fitness routine?

Options
I'm currently doing Brazil Butt Lift (I'm on day 14)

My husband bought Insanity for himself and i did a few days of it as well as my Brazil Butt Lift- but found that I was injuring myself a lot while doing Insanity. (rolling my ankles, etc)

I want to do more than just BBL but idk what to do. What program should I purchase to lose weight and get lean?

I've been going to the gym and running on the treadmill the past few days- but with two kids I'd really prefer to stay at home and work out.

Suggestions please.

****Note***I'm 13 weeks postpartum, pear shaped 5'6 194lbs
-I measure 36C-33-49
-trying to get to 125 (idk if that's the true number of the body I'd like)
-would like to be 34C-24-38 (ish?) still not sure.
-Victoria's Secret models are my motivation (although I'd like to keep a "bigger" booty!)

thanks!

Replies

• Cathleenr
    Options

My husband bought Insanity for himself and i did a few days of it as well as my Brazil Butt Lift- but found that I was injuring myself a lot while doing Insanity. (rolling my ankles, etc)

I want to do more than just BBL but idk what to do. What program should I purchase to lose weight and get lean?

I've been going to the gym and running on the treadmill the past few days- but with two kids I'd really prefer to stay at home and work out.

Suggestions please.

-I measure 36C-33-49
    -Victoria's Secret models are my motivation (although I'd like to keep a "bigger" booty!)

thanks!

if you're going to buy something, buy a set of free weights and the new rules of lifting for women.
  • LeihaS
    LeihaS Posts: 48 Member
    Options

Suggestions please.

-I measure 36C-33-49

thanks!

if you're going to buy something, buy a set of free weights and the new rules of lifting for women.

is that a book?
  • Cathleenr
    Options

Suggestions please.

-I measure 36C-33-49

thanks!

is that a book?

yes. strength training and nutrition. excellent program.
  • KimMischke
    Options
    If you have an Xbox with kinect they have aerobic games on there as well as Zumba etc that's what I use and I think it's great!
  • LeihaS
    LeihaS Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I have a Wii and was thinking of buying Zumba for it
  • drbaska
    drbaska Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    I agree that, while BBL is a good workout, it does need something else added to it. I have done Insanity, and I'm taking it that all the jumping was not a good thing for your ankles?

Another really good Beachbody workout is TurboJam or TurboFire - really good cardio. TurboJam will have less jumping in it and is not quite as intense as TurboFire.

If you don't already have a Beachbody coach, let me know. I'd be happy to work with you! :smile:
  • bizco
    bizco Posts: 1,949 Member
    Options
    You need to add strength training to your fitness routine. Since you belong to a gym, I highly recommend the book "The New Rules of Lifting for Women" by Lou Schuler, et. al. Check your local library or Amazon.com. There are other programs out there, just pick one and start lifting!

There is a MFP group of ladies following this program if you're interested in joining. Here are the links to read when you have time:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/205238-new-rules-of-lifting-for-women-group
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/327552-new-rules-of-lifting-for-women-group-part-2?page=20
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/372438-new-rules-of-lifting-for-women-group-part-2