ok so sounds dumb but im in doubt

Options
okay ive been wondering if what im eating is healthy.Im going to list the foods ive been eating. and TBH i am using the hormone free version of the hcg diet, but its not limited to the 500 calorie diet.
well you can also look at my my food diary lol.

tomorrow i will be eating

breakfast
banana nut oatmeal with cut up strawberrys (2), and a cup of salud natural obesity tea.

lunch
boiled chicken thigh 4oz,
steamable birds eye vegies 2 cups (corn)

dinner
8 oz Swai fillet baked
bird eye steamed vegies 1 cup

these last two days were cheat days i guess you can say but my exercise has been amazing!

thanks yall

btw i have been working out every day such as walking

Replies

• kikiboniki
    kikiboniki Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    I don't see anything per say unhealthy, but it doesn't look like you are eating enough calories. I know I would be STARVING if I ate so little.
  • believe22
    believe22 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    add some snacks in between those meals
  • MoooveOverFluffy
    MoooveOverFluffy Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    I haven't looked at your diary, but are you eating enough? I'm not sure what a swai fillet is (fish??)....but everything else looks pretty healthy. Only thing i would say to switch is the chicken thigh....much less fat in a breast.
  • hush7hush
    hush7hush Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options
    The only thing I'd say is to eat less corn (it's a grain) and more green veggies. It's not bad, though. :)
  • sharonnna
    sharonnna Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Look at carbs. and sugar in corn. An idea is stir fry veggies. Also, a apple here and there is good.
  • mandag9008
    mandag9008 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    thanks. I am eating enough, the hcg drops actually curb your hunger and the salud tea does the same. i work and 8-5 so besides breakfast and lunch i dont get to snack :( but i do eat trust me. lol. and i know about the corn lol. i love corn so much. and yes the swai is fish (DELECIOUS) lol.
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    I can't see your food diary so I don't know what you're eating on other days but I have a few comments:
    - the foods you are eating are OK, but there seems to be a distinct lack of grains, is that deliberate? Personally I would add wholegrain bread, brown rice etc.
    - a good variety of veggies and fruit can only be a good thing
    - where are you getting things like iron and calcium? I don't see any red meat or dairy.
    - if you want to eat incredibly low calories it's your choice, but at your weight its probably really unneccesary and not likely to lead to long term health.
    - I'd wonder if you are getting enough of all the essential nutrients with very low calories. I hope you are under medical supervision to make you you aren't goig to end up with deficiencies.
  • mandag9008
    Options
    i cant have dairy (LTT),
    the grain is dileberate yes, i love grains and if i eat alot then i tend to continue to eat them
    i forgot to add my fruit lol, but i do mix up veggies
    as for calories i eat about 1k to 1200 a day due to my diet, but i exercise daily(1hr plus)
    and for red meat i havent went shopping but trust me steak is on the menu lol i love steak!!
  • mandag9008
    Options
    tbh i just started my diet, and the hcg drops btw are hormone free, but i am thinking of dropping them. i am working the kinks out in my diet but i do stay full. :]
    i appriciate all the comments guys!
  • littlesis412
    littlesis412 Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    I'm going to add to everyone else here and say I don't think you're eating enough. If you're only consuming 1,000-1,200 calories a day, you're already below the recommended minimum. Add a deficiency caused by an hour of working out and you're way low. I think adding that hunk of steak to bring it up sounds like a good idea ;)
  • Pebble321
    Options
    tbh i just started my diet, and the hcg drops btw are hormone free, but i am thinking of dropping them. i am working the kinks out in my diet but i do stay full. :]

I know NOTHING about HCG... but if the drops you have say they are hormone free, then what on earth are they?

If you are eating 1000 cals and working out for an hour a day then you are taking in very low net calories each day. Something this extreme should probably be under medical supervision in which case I would hope they can monitor what you are eating to make sure you stay as healthy as possible under the circumstances.
  • kikiboniki
    kikiboniki Posts: 398 Member
    Options

I know NOTHING about HCG... but if the drops you have say they are hormone free, then what on earth are they?

If you are eating 1000 cals and working out for an hour a day then you are taking in very low net calories each day. Something this extreme should probably be under medical supervision in which case I would hope they can monitor what you are eating to make sure you stay as healthy as possible under the circumstances.

ya, I was gonna ask the same thing, cause HCG by nature is a hormone. and curbing your appetite is not necessarily a good thing. If your hungry, sometimes you just need to eat. The trick is discerning the difference between hunger and a craving.
  • mandag9008
    Options
    mfp put my calorie intake at 1200. i am eating about that amount if not close too. in the 1050s range. and hcg is a natural hormone produced in pregnancy. the hormone free version is mainly just vitamins and gynsenc and such. i am actually thinking of dropping the hcg and just following my excersice and calorie intake from MFP. and tbh i dont get quite that hungry after lunch and such maybe im just use to eating whatever comes along ya kno like not healthy and such. BUT A STEAK DOES SOUND WONDERFUL MEDIUM RARE? YES PLEASE LOL :)
  • christine24t
    christine24t Posts: 6,063 Member
    Options
    you're not going to hear a lot of positive things about the hcg diet here at MFP. better to eat right, eat the right amount of calories, and exercise. trust me, i've lost 50 pounds and I haven't done anything extreme. Just watching portion sizes and going to the gym 4-5 days a week.
  • Cathleenr
    Options
    mfp put my calorie intake at 1200. i am eating about that amount if not close too. in the 1050s range. and hcg is a natural hormone produced in pregnancy. the hormone free version is mainly just vitamins and gynsenc and such. i am actually thinking of dropping the hcg and just following my excersice and calorie intake from MFP. and tbh i dont get quite that hungry after lunch and such maybe im just use to eating whatever comes along ya kno like not healthy and such. BUT A STEAK DOES SOUND WONDERFUL MEDIUM RARE? YES PLEASE LOL :)

you asked if your diet was healthy and spend most of your posts deflecting and adding on to the originbal posts. people here are pretty cool, so if they dont see enough food or nutrients, take a hint and revise your diet...how many ways can they say 1000-1100 calories are not enough? or that hcg is not a sound strategy?
  • yesiamaduck
    yesiamaduck Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    I personally think you're exercising too much for the amount of calories you're eating... it's hard to say though without being able to see a full diary. But everyone is different :)
  • mandag9008
    Options
    thanks for all the input guys! im re doing my diet to add more grains and meats. and yea ive decided to drop the hcg. Thanks again yall:) good night!
  • Pebble321
    Options
    thanks for all the input guys! im re doing my diet to add more grains and meats. and yea ive decided to drop the hcg. Thanks again yall:) good night!

Excellent idea - follow MFP guidelines and you'll end up where you want to be if you stick to it - I have!
  • berrieblu
    berrieblu Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    i've read up on the hcg diet and the weight loss is ONLY from the extremely low calories. most dr's that have looked into it say that any reported decrease in hunger and cravings is placebo effect.

the bottom line is that if you eat too few calories for too long, you WILL mess with your metabolism and potentially permanently endanger your health. and if you're exercising, you need to take that into account too. most nutritionists will tell you that an adult female should have an intake of 1200 calories per day MINIMUM. if you're burning 300 per day through exercise, then you should be aiming closer to 1500.

i personally have found that if i drop my calories too low for more than a couple weeks, my body starts hanging onto every calorie it can get. for me, an average of 1600 calories is too low. i've done it before, lost about 10 lbs within a couple weeks and then STOPPED. i was in the high 200's when i did that, too, so it's not like i stopped losing weight because it wasn't enough of a calorie deficit. (this is my primary reason for not considering WLS, although i'd probably qualify for it, btw.)

if you don't believe us, PLEASE try to see a nutritionist or chat with a personal trainer that has studied nutrition.