swimsuit help!

Options
BeautyFromPain
BeautyFromPain Posts: 4,952 Member
I have been invited to go swimming this weekend, but I hate the thought of me in a swimsuit.
What are the best swimmers for curvy people, (who have a bit too much meat on their bones)?

Replies

• CassandraD82
    CassandraD82 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    A tankini! A bit of belly cover (and a low cut top) can look amazing on the beach.

Or, if you have great legs you can wear a skimpy, frilly bikini bottom (try a pattern or a bright colour) with a simple plain black bikini top.
  • brookepenni
    brookepenni Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    go into Myer, pick out 6, all different and take your time trying them all. then try on some more. i just bought some - a 1 piece from seafolly - low ish at the front with frills - so pretty my thighs dont even get a look in!
  • sundayeveryday
    Options
    I've always though curvy women look amazing in retro style swimwear. Kinda like this

http://www.lanebryant.com/plus-size-shops/plus-size-swimwear/one-piece/retro-shirred-swimsuit/4052c17472c634p74893/index.pro?ci_src=15781033&ci_sku=74893-22635800430&sid=AFFLBxk41900&mcid=AFF

I'm having a lot of trouble finding something affordable however!
  • BeautyFromPain
    Options
    go into Myer, pick out 6, all different and take your time trying them all. then try on some more. i just bought some - a 1 piece from seafolly - low ish at the front with frills - so pretty my thighs dont even get a look in!

see the problem w me is that i don't see myself as others see me, i know i have lost weight, am getting compliments, buying smaller clothes but in my head i don't think i can ever look good /:
  • CassandraD82
    CassandraD82 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    go into Myer

Oh if you're from Australia have a good look at the Jets stuff at David Jones (or Myer or where ever)... that stuff makes you look a million bucks even if you're not 100% happy with your body. Totally worth the cost.

And I think Jets do a good DD/E range too.
  • BeautyFromPain
    Options
    go into Myer

Oh if you're from Australia have a good look at the Jets stuff at David Jones (or Myer or where ever)... that stuff makes you look a million bucks even if you're not 100% happy with your body. Totally worth the cost.

And I think Jets do a good DD/E range too.

Okay awesome!
    How'd you know? :blushing:
  • jgoff3003
    jgoff3003 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    I would suggest a 1950's style cossie, full or bikini, the bikinis are great (i have one) as it has a higher waist band and full briefs (it covers my dimpled butt) and the top rather than being string ti has a band under the bust so it holds the twins in and gives them lift without having under wire. U can also go for a tankini if u want to cover your tum or a full peice, something simple with maybe ruching over the tummy..I love mine in red