Newbie to MFP... cheese and wine are my downfall!

Options
So this may be a stupid question but is there such thing as a less fattening wine or cheese that actually tastes good? Maybe I am addicted because I :heart: cheese and wine!!!!

Also, I currently have zero friends and would love the support!

Replies

• merrillfoster
    merrillfoster Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    I love wine and cheese! lol (take a look at my diary tonite for confirmation). Feel free to add me :)
  • humanskin
    Options
    mmm wine and cheese =)
    my weakness too... especially cheese... i love cheese.
  • MissMaryMac33
    MissMaryMac33 Posts: 1,433 Member
    Options
    Cheese can be high in cals/fat --- but I also realized it is extremely high in sodium so I had to stop eating it so much.
    Makes me very sad! If you're not worried about sodium, there are lots of lower/no fat cheese out there.
    Most don't taste too good plain to me -- but the weight wathchers string cheese isn't bad, and the laughing cow wedges.

I don't drink wine so can't help you on there :)
  • melbhall
    melbhall Posts: 519
    Options
    Cheese and wine...a gal after my own heart! I'm not sure about the wine part, and frankly I wouldn't want anything less than a full bodied wine, but you can get low cal string cheese in bold flavors to substitute!
  • JDNOX
    JDNOX Posts: 619
    Options
    Cheese oh my god.. first a tread that said bacon now one that said cheese.. with wine.. if there is one about beer i am going to go out of my mind with food lust
  • Jillv086622
    Jillv086622 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Thanks.. i will try the weight watchers cheese! low cal string cheese in bold flavors?? I haven't heard of that but would love to try it!
  • fallenangelloves
    fallenangelloves Posts: 601 Member
    Options
    I just work in the calories... And when I really what Saint Andres Triple Cream Brie... I wait for a cheat day and enjoy!!!
  • msqdpie
    msqdpie Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Funny I should See this Today! Cheese and Wine all threw my day! My Daughters Boss went to Amish Country and He Bought me Some Cheese, Wine and Fudge, I can Pass up Doughnuts, Chips ,Pop, Candy the works.........But the Cheese Got me and the wine. Feel Free to Add me,
  • liveinthemix
    liveinthemix Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the site!!!
  • msqdpie
    msqdpie Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Cheese oh my god.. first a tread that said bacon now one that said cheese.. with wine.. if there is one about beer i am going to go out of my mind with food lust

Budwiser Select 55, It's pretty good and Only 55 Calories........Ummmmm I cook with it! ........Really!
  • saraannefrazer
    saraannefrazer Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    m biggest weeknesses are cider on the weekends! I am also addicted to cheese it is amazing i used to work in a deli so the different cheese selections made it oh so much worse.
  • rajivdubey
    rajivdubey Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    I totally love Wine and Cheese! I am dreaming about having these on Friday.........! procrastination!!
  • Misdy
    Misdy Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    cheese? wine? I'm in! :bigsmile:
  • LizHaynes
    Options
    cheese? wine? I'm in! :bigsmile:

DITTO!!!
  • insidelane
    insidelane Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    What kind of wine do you drink?

Closest thing to low cal wine would be a sparkling white/rose (with low alcohol). In wine I'd say the majority of calories is from the alcohol (9cals/gram I believe) whereas beer is carbs+alcohol, scotch and coke (the coke).
  • bananamac
    bananamac Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    When I joined MFP, a very smart person (now friend) cautioned me to watch what language I used (or thought). Instead of referring to something as my "downfall" or being powerless to resist a certain food, turn it around: say "I refuse to let this thing be more important than my goals."

Transfers the power back to your hands, see? So no reason why you can't enjoy wine and cheese, just plan for it, make it work, and keep yourself in control. You got this. :)