Acai Berry Supplements

Options
Hi. I have been given a tub of acai berry supplements by a friend - apparently they are supposed to help with weight loss! Has anyone tried them and do they make a difference? I know they have a lot of anti-oxidents in them so they won't do any harm anyway!! I'd be interested to know your views.

Replies

• kantone999
    Options
    I take them for the anti-oxidant value. It's such a small amount it probably doesn't have much effect on weight loss but I drink the juice from time to time.
  • ♥ChUbByCoyLe♥
    ♥ChUbByCoyLe♥ Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    Hey, i've been taking them and lost 6 pounds in a little over 2 weeks. I sometimes get a bloated belly and not sure if thats a side effect?
  • gemmie_c
    gemmie_c Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    I have them too-I read they are good for the liver due to the antioxidants (I have liver disease-so this is high on my priority lists). I am dubious of any miracle weight loss secret like that. I am losing weight but that's because I work out, drink loads of water and green tea and keep within my calorie goals.
  • koosdel
    koosdel Posts: 3,319 Member
    Options
    I view acai berry supplements as a great thing to waste money on. Personally, I use a moderate calorie deficit to lose weight, and the best part.. its free!
  • wriglucy
    wriglucy Posts: 1,064 Member
    Options
    I view acai berry supplements as a great thing to waste money on. Personally, I use a moderate calorie deficit to lose weight, and the best part.. its free!

Yep. I read a study awhile ago (like a year or more) about them showing that there was no evidence they contributed to weight loss. In terms of antioxidents, like others are saying, they are good :)