Self-Control NSV

Options
calimari
calimari Posts: 202 Member
Last night I was on my own as my husband had to work late. I was out running errands, hungry, and I really really really wanted a slice of pizza or two for dinner. I had a good healthy breakfast, light lunch. I exercised. I had over 800 calories left yet. I knew I had a bag of salad at home, as well as leftovers from the last 2 nights, but I just wanted pizza.

I know if I'm really craving something, I will eat everything else in sight and then still eat what I'm craving, so I decided to stop in to buy a slice of pizza or two for dinner, and then have my salad at home. I stopped at the pizza place to order the slices - they told me they stopped selling slices at 2pm, but they could have a whole pizza ready in 8 minutes.

I drove a mile out of my way for pizza, but no slices. I could get a whole pizza. I told them I did not need a whole pizza, just a slice or two, and I left. I went home and had my salad, my leftover chicken, and half a pomegranite.

Today I have a day out with my sisters - today I can get a treat if I want it instead.

Replies

• ShellyKay67
    ShellyKay67 Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    good job for not giving in and eating a whole pizza!!!!!!! doesn't that feel good to have that control?????????? way to go!
  • Evarell
    Evarell Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Way to go! :smile:
  • discoburn
    discoburn Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    That's awesome - way to go!
  • pupcamper
    pupcamper Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    Great job, it is always easy to give into temptation when you are busy and away from home with limited 'good' choices! Enjoy your treat today! :wink:
  • vsyates
    vsyates Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    What a teriffic NSV!! These are the things that will make you successful. Great job :happy:
  • mathen2
    mathen2 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Good job on that! Have you tried the store bought CPK thin crust pizzas? They are the only ones that doesnt have a gizillion calories in it. Its great for portion control and to satisfy your pizza craving. I allow myself to it once every 2 weeks.
  • Alison__
    Alison__ Posts: 107
    Options
    That is so strong! Good job!
  • Raphi
    Raphi Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing!
  • Susay2942
    Susay2942 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    KUDOS 2 U ! ! ! ! !
  • Peep_chic
    Peep_chic Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    What a teriffic NSV!! These are the things that will make you successful. Great job :happy:

Its true! nice job
  • netter43
    netter43 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    If you are really craving pizza and have leftovers at home the flatout flatbread pizza is great - you make it yourself and get the whole thing for way less calories. I don't have the recipe in front of me, but if you do a search I'm sure you can find it - might even be on the package!! - just thought I'd share that little tidbit. :)
  • michelledusik
    michelledusik Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Good for you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I know how hard that is!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!