help! late snacker here!

Options
so not only have i been at a plateau for the past week and a half *including measurements* (yes i've changed my diet and exercises and have been eating all my cals so my body doesn't cling to any fat) but i'm also having a struggle with late night snacking...

unlike most "normal" people, i wake up around 2-3pm and go to bed around 5-6am due to graveyard shift. still i get cravings up til the last hour before i go to bed... how do you all make it stop? besides drinking a lot of water! I've been trying to not eat 2-3 hours before i go to bed, sometimes i can do it sometimes i crumble and have a healthy snack. i would like to know what the rest of the world does to help situations with late snacking?

one theory i heard: your body uses food as an energy source (of course) so at the end of the day when your energy is rather low it craves its energy source (food). so wtf? :mad: i hate going to sleep with a growling belly...

thank you in advance for your reply...

.steph.

Replies

• stephalvarez5
    stephalvarez5 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    so not only have i been at a plateau for the past week and a half *including measurements* (yes i've changed my diet and exercises and have been eating all my cals so my body doesn't cling to any fat) but i'm also having a struggle with late night snacking...

unlike most "normal" people, i wake up around 2-3pm and go to bed around 5-6am due to graveyard shift. still i get cravings up til the last hour before i go to bed... how do you all make it stop? besides drinking a lot of water! I've been trying to not eat 2-3 hours before i go to bed, sometimes i can do it sometimes i crumble and have a healthy snack. i would like to know what the rest of the world does to help situations with late snacking?

one theory i heard: your body uses food as an energy source (of course) so at the end of the day when your energy is rather low it craves its energy source (food). so wtf? :mad: i hate going to sleep with a growling belly...

thank you in advance for your reply...

.steph.
  • amyslaunwhite80
    amyslaunwhite80 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Try to increase your protein in the last meal of the day. Protein keeps you full longer. Maybe that would help.
  • getfitwithangela
    getfitwithangela Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Hi! I struggle with late night snacking as well and it really sabotages all the hard work with exercise and tracking calories. I do well all day and then can ruin it with the eating before bedtime. NEW mission and I have dropped weight and feeling better this week! Sounds simple but sugar free jello...dollup of light whipped cream and a decaf tea have taken the place of my 300-400 calorie "Lil somethin" binge in the eve. Gotten more creative with just changing what I eat and not feeling deprived. Try iy out!!!:happy:
  • fitgal411
    fitgal411 Posts: 668
    Options
    You can join the no late-night snacking thread!!!! It doesn't matter what time you put in to stop snacking. There's people there that are going through the same thing as you. I know that's not exactly the solution, but it's a start . . .
  • stephalvarez5
    stephalvarez5 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    thanks for the help ya'll!!
    .s.