calling all 5"5 ladies (and men)

Options
BeautyFromPain
BeautyFromPain Posts: 4,952 Member
Wondering what your goal weights are?

Also, any success stories for 5"5 ladies or men would be wonderful! Thankyou!

Replies

• susanmcg1
    Options
    No Success yet, just joined!
  • Daysednconfused
    Daysednconfused Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    I'd say my goal weight is somewhere around 135, but I won't know for sure until I get there.
  • Tarshlee
    Tarshlee Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    im 5"4 but my goal im aiming for is around 68kg
  • AppleJuiceMoney
    Options
    I'm 5'5.5 haha... my goal weight is aroundd 110 but I have quite a small frame!
  • jtsmith34
    jtsmith34 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I've lost about 40lbs and still going strong. My original goal weight was 160, even though it's not in our "healthy" range for our height I remember really liking myself at that weight. Once I get there I'll decide if I want to keep going. If I do, I would say 150 would be my goal. I'm big boned and have a big frame, so I feel like if I were 140 or less it would look wierd. Good luck on your journey!
  • BeautyFromPain
    BeautyFromPain Posts: 4,952 Member
    Options
    I've lost about 40lbs and still going strong. My original goal weight was 160, even though it's not in our "healthy" range for our height I remember really liking myself at that weight. Once I get there I'll decide if I want to keep going. If I do, I would say 150 would be my goal. I'm big boned and have a big frame, so I feel like if I were 140 or less it would look wierd. Good luck on your journey!

I know what you mean, I'm big boned as well. And have no idea what I wanna be. i'm aiming for 154lb which is 4 pounds outta it lol.
  • Manysongs
    Options
    I'm 5'5" and my goal right now is to get to 165 lbs... ideally 145 lbs. I'll see how I feel when I get there!! :)

10879315.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • jo_marnes
    jo_marnes Posts: 1,601 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'5" and am maintaining at 113lbs after a 55lbs loss. Taken me 3 years, but really I was finding my own way, didn't discover MFP until I'd lost it all, lol
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    Initially, my goal was 135, then when I didn't see much change in the way I looked after losing 12 pounds, I dropped it to 130, then started to see a LOT of change and raised it back to 135. :laugh:

Once I got there, another 5 pounds came off easily, and when I reached about 125, I started to maintain because I was looking a little too small for my tastes and I don't want to be skinny. Now I fluctuate between 125-130.

I have a small-ish frame, and can wear clothes from high school again. Except I used to weigh about 110 pounds in high school. Now, I have too much lean muscle mass to weigh that little again. My lean body weight alone is around 100-105 pounds, so I'd need to have less than 10% body fat to weigh 110 again. Not gonna happen!
  • LuciaLongIsland
    LuciaLongIsland Posts: 815 Member
    Options
    I am 5"6 and I try not to go by weight by by the size of the clothes I wear. Funny, I really do not remember my exact weight. Ideally I would like to be a size 8 like I was about 5 years ago but at this point I would settle for a 10. I guess my weight goal would be 135 to 14o which I used to believe was heavy. In my 20;s I was 120 but that was 40 years ago. I am average size boned, so more weight looks horrible.
  • brandeejean
    brandeejean Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I had gotten down to 150 before the weight started coming back on. I'd like to get back to 140-145 or maybe less.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'5". My goal was a size not a weight. When I got into my goal jeans I was about 155 lbs. Now I'm around the 150 mark. I think I'd like to lose 5 - 10 lbs more but I'm not really working hard at it. I don't really have time to add much more exercise into my schedule right now and I'm healthy, which is the most important thing. But I'm hoping those last few will slowly come off.
  • kit_katty
    kit_katty Posts: 994 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'4".5 Lol, My target weight (I'm medium boned) is around 130-135. I've just lost 15lbs and am down to 147, so we'll see how it goes.
  • tbrewst
    tbrewst Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    The healthy range for women that are 5'5 (according to weight watchers) is 120-150 but when I met with a nutritionist she said I weight no more than 137. So, I have set my goal at 135 but will be extremely happy if I can it 140.....
  • sweetNsassy2584
    sweetNsassy2584 Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    I am 5'5 131 lbs with 13.8% body fat. My goal is to reach 125 and maintain between 125-130. I have lost 74 pounds. I'm working on building muscle now. What are your goals?
  • Tree72
    Tree72 Posts: 942 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'5" also. My goal is 145. I have broad shoulders and hips, so don't expect to go much below that at all. I'm currently at 165 and wearing some 14s and some 12s. I'd like to end up in a size 10 I think. And I currently think I'd like my BF% to be around 18. Not sure where it is now, but I'm planning to get tested when I loose a few more pounds.

I definitely expect to re-evaluate as I go along. But I know I still have a ways to go from here. I started around 250 and have lost about 80 pounds so far. It's been an interesting journey. (If anyone wants to chat or more details, send me a PM or friend request.)
  • SweetVaness
    SweetVaness Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    My goal is to be at 130-135 I have about 20-25lbs to go.
  • innerspiraling
    innerspiraling Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'4.5", medium frame - currently 157, goal is 135. My lowest adult stable weight was 118-122, but my lowest stable weight in the last 10 years was 140. 135 is meant to give me a bit of room to fluctuate!
  • emtgirl14
    emtgirl14 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'5 and started at 231.4 pounds. My goal was 150. I'm now at 158 and I'm starting to feel like even when I get to 150, I'll still want to lose some more. I'm definitely way happier now, than when I was in the 200's, but I just want my stomach to be flatter and more toned! I'm happy with my upper and lower body, but not the mid section.

I think I have a medium ish frame, so I don't want to be too small. Right now I'm wearing size 11 jeans, and medium shirts.
  • DHintze87
    Options
    Im 5'5" thought I was 5'6" until I started this weight loss lol. I've lost 4 pounds so far and am now at 180lbs. Im looking to get to about 140. I work 12 hour shifts at a desk so calories are very important on my work days. I have recently started working out on my days off and hope to work up to cardio after work atlease twice a week! MFP was set to lose 1.5-2 pounds a week but through reading many profiles I have changed it to 1 pound a week, "Slow and steady wins the race!"