oh no. ohnohnoohno . . .

Options
I had -639 calories, -108 carbs, -5 protein, -85 sugar, and -15 fiber in yesterday's food diary (well actually I accidentally added them under today and I don't know how to fix it). What's more is, this is my NET food intake, AFTER I exercised! Suddenly, it's so easy to go over. How can I prevent this from happening?

Replies

• fitgal411
    fitgal411 Posts: 668
    Options
    I had -639 calories, -108 carbs, -5 protein, -85 sugar, and -15 fiber in yesterday's food diary (well actually I accidentally added them under today and I don't know how to fix it). What's more is, this is my NET food intake, AFTER I exercised! Suddenly, it's so easy to go over. How can I prevent this from happening?
  • lessofmesoon
    Options
    go to today's diary and click remove on the foods you added by accident. If you want to add them to yesterday's diary, you can change the date on top and make the corrections. Hope this helps.
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Options
    I find that I have to plan ahead with my food. I actually usually plan my food either at the beginning of the day, or the day before I eat it.

It's harder, but it's the only way I've found to consistently not go over. After a while, you do start to know the right things/amounts to eat. . .and can almost keep a running tally in your head. But, while you're learning new habits, planning ahead is crucial.
    :flowerforyou:
  • fitgal411
    fitgal411 Posts: 668
    Options
    go to today's diary and click remove on the foods you added by accident. If you want to add them to yesterday's diary, you can change the date on top and make the corrections. Hope this helps.

Is there an easier way, though?
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Options

Is there an easier way, though?

no, sorry, not that I know of.
  • BrenNew
    BrenNew Posts: 3,420 Member
    Options
    I agree with Viviakay. It's really best to log your day's worth of foods whenever possible so that you DON'T go over like you did.
    I sometimes even do 3 and even 4 days ahead! :smile:
  • indianagranny
    Options
    viviakay - I do it thesame way. I plan ahead on most days but am learning as I go.
  • TheGuardian
    TheGuardian Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    My wife logs ahead. I log everything at the end of the day. Guess who's doing better? :tongue:
  • pixiestick
    pixiestick Posts: 839 Member
    Options
    Take a deep breath.

Then take another deep breath.

Then drink a glass of water.

Then say to yourself: this journey is one for my entire life, it's about becoming healthy, not about suddenly getting zapped with pixie-dust and poof! = healthy.

I find that I go back and change a lot if I log too much in advance. However, I agree that planning ahead makes a huge difference. Sometimes when I am getting ready for bed, I start going through the meals I intend to eat the next day. Do I need to get up early to prepare my packed lunch? Do I need to go to the store? Stuff like that.

I always log after I've eaten. Most of the time that is after every meal (because I am a student and I am always at my computer), but sometimes it's at the end of the day. Hope this helps. :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • absolutekraze
    Options
    I generally log my breakfast and lunch foods in the morning. If I bring snacks with me I'll add those as well, even if I end up eating something different, I know about how many calories I can have later.

All I can say is accept today for today, there isn't anything you can do, and keep a closer eye on the amount of calories you're taking in in the future.

Good luck.

~Casey
  • Sapporo
    Sapporo Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    My wife logs ahead. I log everything at the end of the day. Guess who's doing better? :tongue:
    hey! :sad:
    1 measly pound, whatever. Whatever works for someone is what is best for them.
    edit: actually we're both at 18 lost, your backwards ticker threw me off there, so no you're not doing better, nyah.