I can't believe it ....

Options
Hello People

Well I have just another revelation to share with you ( am full of them today aren't i!!)

so I just my personal trainer come - just to give you an idea of the level of effort required he is EX MARINE - lovely guy though!

Anyway full of the motivation and will to do just do it this time I decided I'd really try in today's session and boy did it show! Despite a trapped nerve in my shoulder and lugging a small person around to do it all in extra weight I am carrying I feel so good however I did mentally smile to myself when i was doing floor exercises and going from my back to roll over to my front for the plank - I thought I look like Shamu rolling in the waves here - so each time I did another set i was like SHAMU ROLL OVER!

Hopefully if I can continue I will feel like a mermaid rather than a large whale!

anyways I have my all time challenge tonight a meal with the girls, I am driving so at least alcohol - i plan to skip the appetiser and have either fish or grilled lean meat with veg or salad and a diet soda

let's hope i don't crumble!

i have to prove to myself that I have got will power and can stick to my plan even when living - as lets face it if this is going to work for me it has to be long term plan otherwise I will go round in circles!

ok I am off to shower and change before taking the baby for a long walk in her buggy!

smooches xxxx

Replies

• CathiAnne
    CathiAnne Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    You can do this dinner thing. I "shop" for my food before I go to the restaurant so I know what I am having before I get there and I stick to it. I plan my calories and when I go with a mindset like that I find it much easier and can be successful. You will feel very good about yourself when you carry out your plan tonight. I hope you will share tomorrow how it went for you. Good luck.
  • ms1978
    ms1978 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Yeah - see if you can look up the menu to where you ladies are going so that you can make a smart choice before you even get there =) You can do this!!
  • anulle2009
    anulle2009 Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    I also look at menus before going to the restaurant to find the best choices. It is hard with little places or non franchised placed. If i go to one of those I try to over estimate my cals. or stick to something I know i can easily figure out. Remember you have to have self control of course, but don't beat yourself up if you are a little over your cals. You can cut everything and anything that is bad because it will be harder to enjoy the life style change you decided to make!
  • toofat2toofit
    toofat2toofit Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    SHAMU ROLL OVER!~~~~Funny!
    You'll be fine this evening. Just take everyone's advice and try to look up the meal in advance.
  • momosully
    momosully Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    In reference to your whale vs mermaid comment i just want you to read this, not to deter you from your goals to lose weight but maybe just feel a little better about your current self. Your still beautiful and a wonderful person no matter what size you are or what you look like. xo

A while back, at the entrance of a gym, there was a picture of a very thin and beautiful woman. The caption was "This summer, do you want to be a mermaid or a whale?"

The story goes, a woman (of clothing size unknown) answered the following way:

"Dear people, whales are always surrounded by friends (dolphins, seals, curious humans), they are sexually active and raise their children with great tenderness.
    They entertain like crazy with dolphins and eat lots of prawns. They swim all day and travel to fantastic places like Patagonia, the Barents Sea or the coral reefs of Polynesia.
    They sing incredibly well and sometimes even are on cds. They are impressive and dearly loved animals, which everyone defend and admires.

Mermaids do not exist.

But if they existed, they would line up to see a psychologist because of a problem of split personality: woman or fish?
    They would have no sex life and could not bear children.
    Yes, they would be lovely, but lonely and sad.
    And, who wants a girl that smells like fish by his side?

Without a doubt, I'd rather be a whale.

At a time when the media tells us that only thin is beautiful, I prefer to eat ice cream with my kids, to have dinner with my husband, to eat and drink and have fun with my friends