Back on Track!

Options
I'm Paula, a 23 year old grad student. I have lost weight in the past, but it keeps coming back (+ a few lbs)! I need to do it right, and for real, this time. I have a lot of reasons to be motivated- family history of diabetes and high cholesterol. Oh, and I'm getting married in June!!! (which should give me some time to lose the weight the right way). So, if you need a positive friend to lose with, please add me and lets start this journey!

Replies

• liz1732
    liz1732 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    my name is liz im 25 and looking for weightloss buddies too.. if u wanna chat add me.. :smile:
  • tiffanepiphany
    tiffanepiphany Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Hi Paula! I just got back on track as well. I'm a 31 yr old wife, mother of twins, hold a full time job, and am also a MBA grad student on top of all that! I'm taking things slow and steady this time instead of burning myself out as usual.

Congratulations on your upcoming wedding. I'd also like to have my ultimate goal met by June--- so I can enjoy a summer beach body. Right now I'm following a really easy plan I found on goodhousekeeping.com called the the Lose 20 Pounds Fast regimen. There's a seven day meal plan that I'm trying to model because the meals are similar to things I already put on my grocery list. As far as the workout, I'm starting out this month with 3 days/45-50 mins of Cardio and Weights and next month I'll go up to 4-5 days/60-90 mins. Once I lose the fat, I'm going to focus more on strength training for definition. I know I won't follow this perfectly, but will stick as close to it as possible. I'm desperate for lasting results. Tired of going up and down.

Come up with an achievable goal and a plan you know you can stick to. Good Luck!