oatmeal help

Options
I eat oatmeal everyday for breakfast (except on weekends). I love it, i am not tired of it, it is fast and easy to take with me on the go and filling, it is perfect. My only problem is that I usually take a little container with 1/2 cup oatmeal and I throw in 2 tbsp of peanut butter. It is so good, but I have been wondering if there was an alternative to the peanut butter with less calories and sodium that will still taste great and be easy to take with me. let me have all the oatmeal help you can give me.

Replies

• GouletB
    GouletB Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I love honey in mine. Or a container of yogurt mixed in (I don't cook the oatmeal with this one).
  • cwbzfan
    Options
    frozen fruit, bananas, whey protein
  • MissMarthaGrace
    MissMarthaGrace Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    almond butter......canned pumpkin....pumpkin or apple butter.....
  • SmashliT
    SmashliT Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Natural applesauce and cinnamon, raspberry jam, apple butter, pumpkin butter, maple syrup, craisins.
  • hefinator
    Options
    try a tsp or two of brown sugar.
    sometimes I add a few chocolate chips in there.
    i even do a banana split oatmeal-keeps me full for hours : 1/2 cup oats, 1tbsp chocolate chips, 1 sliced strawberry, few slices of banana. cook the oats, and then mix everything in at the end.
    you can also had a lil handful of nuts into the oatmeal too - almonds and pecans are both good choices.
  • caramel1920
    Options
    I like mine with cinnamon splenda and raisins...yummy!
  • The_Saint
    The_Saint Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    Sunflower butter (the sweetened kind Yellow top) and Chia seeds.
    I love this combo.
  • cmpettey
    cmpettey Posts: 223
    Options
    Brown sugar, fresh fruit (either apples and cinnamon, strawberries, blueberries, raspberries, or peaches and cinnamon or nutmeg)
  • crzyone
    crzyone Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    Don't put sweetener in the oats, put ....Cheese!!

Crumbled bacon!!!
  • tiffanydawnn
    tiffanydawnn Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    I just started adding coconut oil to my oatmeal. I did it for the health benefits of coconut oil, but it tastes really good too.
  • HeikkiLaukkanen
    HeikkiLaukkanen Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I put in flaxseed and hemp seed powder. The hemp seed powder makes it green! And it gives it a nutty flavor. I read about it in Muscle and Fitness, it has a lot of protien content.

I also use apple butter and cinammon.
  • stephabef
    stephabef Posts: 936 Member
    Options
    chocolate protein powder!
  • rnenola
    Options
    A little greek yogurt, splenda and cinnamon
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    I use PB2 - it's a powdered peanut butter (85% of the fat is pressed out). I sweeten my oatmeal with maple syrup.

Also - craisins & cinnamon are good

Applesauce & cinnamon
  • Dadof8
    Dadof8 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Ground flax seed, cinnamon, dried cherries, tsp brown sugar or honey and a splash of milk.