To workout, or not to workout?

Options
I'm currently sitting on this computer trying to figure out if I should go workout or not. It's a beautiful day out, but to be honest all I want to do is sit outside reading or writing for a little.
This week I worked out everyday (well except Monday cause I was driving four hours :noway:) So I got in GREAT workouts Tues, Wed, Thrus, Fri and Sat. Now I just can't decided if I should go work out or if I should just let my body take a little break and chill out today. On my workout schedule I have planned 30 minutes on the elliptical and to be honest driving to the gym and getting on the machine seems like a big pain in the butt. So what should I do?
I don't have excerise videos or anything like that, but should I try and do something? Just to be able to put something in?
Thanks!:wink:

oh! and if I do decide to do an at home workout, is there a website i can get on to figure out how many calories I've burned?

Replies

• avr1321
    avr1321 Posts: 96
    Options
    I'm currently sitting on this computer trying to figure out if I should go workout or not. It's a beautiful day out, but to be honest all I want to do is sit outside reading or writing for a little.
    This week I worked out everyday (well except Monday cause I was driving four hours :noway:) So I got in GREAT workouts Tues, Wed, Thrus, Fri and Sat. Now I just can't decided if I should go work out or if I should just let my body take a little break and chill out today. On my workout schedule I have planned 30 minutes on the elliptical and to be honest driving to the gym and getting on the machine seems like a big pain in the butt. So what should I do?
    I don't have excerise videos or anything like that, but should I try and do something? Just to be able to put something in?
    Thanks!:wink:

oh! and if I do decide to do an at home workout, is there a website i can get on to figure out how many calories I've burned?
  • MyaPapaya75
    MyaPapaya75 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    go outside and walk:drinker: excercise and enjoy the weather
  • réalta
    réalta Posts: 895 Member
    Options
    go for a walk instead, it will give you some inspirstion for your writing later :flowerforyou:
  • Amber42803
    Amber42803 Posts: 143
    Options
    :tongue: :tongue: :tongue: DUH! :tongue: :tongue: :tongue:

WORK OUT!! You don't necceisarily HAVE to go to the gym and do the eliptical, but DO SOMETHING! Walk for an hour. Then come home, and read or write. There's still plenty of time in the day! No matter what part of the country you're in! So do some excercise, don't sit on your butt. This is such and obvious answer! I think you knew what we were gonna say.

Don't get lazy now!

HAVE FUN!! :heart: :heart: :heart:

ALC

178464.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • mrsyac2
    mrsyac2 Posts: 2,784 Member
    Options
    if you worked out tues-Sat take a break- Call Monday and today your off days
  • Poison5119
    Poison5119 Posts: 1,460 Member
    Options
    Yesterday was an impromptu day off when I intended to exercise, so today I got up, ate, did a little upper body strength training, and walked in the fresh air after the drizzle let up, worth the effort for the 150 cals I burned, plus the afterburn? Yea.
  • Redneckwoman
    Redneckwoman Posts: 668 Member
    Options
    Take some time out for yourself. It's Sunday and you should rest and enjoy what ever you would like to do:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

Have a spring fever day!!!!:flowerforyou: :heart: :flowerforyou:
  • sonjavon
    sonjavon Posts: 1,019 Member
    Options
    Take a walk, work in your garden, do some jumping jacks, some crunches, some lunges... call someone and ask them to play frisbee - do something active - then enjoy your time reading and writing. You'll feel so virtuous after getting a workout in.

Glad someone is having nice weather - overcast and rainy here and we have to get out today... have to go do some volunteer work.
  • kimss
    kimss Posts: 1,146
    Options
    you really should take a day off. your body needs to rest and you should be taking 2 days a week off. I do Mon and thur. and if I work out on one of my schedualed days off I rearrange the whole week. you should have time off every few days so your muscles can repair itself. If you really need to do something, a leisurly walk or bike ride. have a great sunday.:smile:
  • mrsyac2
    mrsyac2 Posts: 2,784 Member
    Options
    Now when I said take a rest day- On your days that you were working out were you weight training or just doing cardio?

If you were weight training I would rest but cardio is fine to do everyday