Protein powders

Options
baisleac
baisleac Posts: 2,019 Member
Well crap... Optimum Nutrition protein powders are no longer available through Amazon's subscribe & save... we need a new powder... or pay more for non-sub&save powder.

New choices are: CytoSport Complete Whey Protein or Warrior Whey by TapouT

Opinions? Don't like overly sweet... at all.

Replies

• UponThisRock
    UponThisRock Posts: 4,522 Member
    Options
    Xtreme Formulations has the best tasting products on the market, IMO.
  • WhitneyJerome
    WhitneyJerome Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I haven't tried it yet but I am going to get Jillian Michaels Natural Whey Protein Powder. It has some pretty good reviews. (If anyone has tried this tho I wouldn't mind more feed back =)
  • Jeff92se
    Jeff92se Posts: 3,369 Member
    Options
    I just bought it from Amazon. Cheaper than GNC. $46.xx
  • Jeff92se
    Options
    I haven't tried it yet but I am going to get Jillian Michaels Natural Whey Protein Powder. It has some pretty good reviews. (If anyone has tried this tho I wouldn't mind more feed back =)

How much is it? She just slaps her name on 3rd party produced stuff.
  • WhitneyJerome
    Options

9.95 for 14 servings. As far as taste all the reviews said it tasted better than the body fortress whey protein. One said it was very similar to the taste of Nesquik. I'm super cheap tho so I'll probably take 10 bucks over 50 any day lol
  • Jeff92se
    Options

9.95 for 14 servings. As far as taste all the reviews said it tasted better than the body fortress whey protein. One said it was very similar to the taste of Nesquik. I'm super cheap tho so I'll probably take 10 bucks over 50 any day lol

About 14 oz. 15 g protein. 71 cents per oz. Optimum whey 5lb size. 57 cents per oz. 24g of protein per serving. With almond milk, banana, it tastes great. You're pay 24% more per serving. Why not buy in a bigger size anyway? You know you're going to use it.
  • mallred76
    mallred76 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    @WhitneyJerome: I haven't tasted it either, but I'm in the market for a new protein powder and a friend told me not to get Jillian Michaels, said it tasted aweful.
  • WhitneyJerome
    Options

About 14 oz. 15 g protein. 71 cents per oz. Optimum whey 5lb size. 57 cents per oz. 24g of protein per serving. With almond milk, banana, it tastes great. You're pay 24% more per serving. Why not buy in a bigger size anyway? You know you're going to use it.

thats biggest size I've seen so far or I would buy a bigger one. If you know where to get one let me know =)
  • Lizzy_Sunflower
    Lizzy_Sunflower Posts: 1,510 Member
    Options
    not informed enough to chip in any good info...but try over here:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/50-supplement-reviews
  • WhitneyJerome
    Options
    @WhitneyJerome: I haven't tasted it either, but I'm in the market for a new protein powder and a friend told me not to get Jillian Michaels, said it tasted aweful.

good to know!! I'll have to shop around but I really don't want to have to spend 45 to 60 bucks for it.
  • 4caramel
    4caramel Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    its not bad, but its awesome when u mix it with some sugar free pudding of you choice
  • Jeff92se
    Options

thats biggest size I've seen so far or I would buy a bigger one. If you know where to get one let me know =)

Or buy Optimum whey or any other of the commonly available brands
  • WhitneyJerome
    Options

Or buy Optimum whey or any other of the commonly available brands

Where do you buy it at?
  • mallred76
    mallred76 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I'm researching Dymatize Elite right now. I've read it's pretty tasty. To be sure I've asked a couple of people here on MFP who use it for their opinion. I'll let you know. I found this great website: netrition.com, I haven't ordered yet, but it's products are discounted and there's a flat rate shipping fee of $4.95.
  • dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    Options
    Try Myofusion Protein Powder... It's about 25 dollars for a two pound tub on amazon.

Got a good range of flavors and not overly sweet. I have Chocolate Peanut Butter and it's def not that sweet, but still has a good taste.
  • Jeff92se
    Options
    Try Myofusion Protein Powder... It's about 25 dollars for a two pound tub on amazon.

Got a good range of flavors and not overly sweet. I have Chocolate Peanut Butter and it's def not that sweet, but still has a good taste.

ON whey is $46.xx for 5lbs at Amazon.
  • JennC831
    JennC831 Posts: 631 Member
    Options

I'm finishing up the vanilla flavored one and it's ok.... Nothing to shout about.. I mix mine into a smoothie after workouts, drinking it on it's own is not that great...
  • baisleac
    baisleac Posts: 2,019 Member
    Options
    Well crap... Optimum Nutrition protein powders are no longer available through Amazon's subscribe & save... we need a new powder... or pay more for non-sub&save powder.

So... does anyone have opinions on the two brands I asked about?
  • WhitneyJerome
    Options

So... does anyone have opinions on the two brands I asked about?

I'm sorry I didn't mean to steal your thread =(
  • shariguymon
    shariguymon Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    I use prograde vanilla whey protein from prograde.com ..sometimes I can get plain whey protein powder from the bulk section of the health food store and mix them...Prograde is not too sweet, tastes good, and the website has deals where they can be purchased at a reduced price......usually with 15% off I usually buy a case of six on sale, get free shipping and am set for quite a while........