New to this =)

Options
Hi guys i have just joined today and have been amazed by peoples stories and im very happy to have joined this.!!

I started the special k diet today also and so far its been sooooo boring and does not feel me up do u really lose weight by calorie counting..?? x

Replies

• afigueroa_pr
    Options
    Calorie counting and exercising are my keys to my weight loss. It is a pain in the butt but hey it works for me! I only eat stuff that I know nutritional facts so I can write them down in my diary!
  • leannecannon
    Options
    Oh wicked thats great news im using the wii fit and also doing the zumba (on the wii) and going to get a few more as im a little embarresed to go to the gym but im going to start calorie counting properly after two weeks on the special k diet that you for ur tip =) x
  • liz1732
    liz1732 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    i believe u do.. i started was on this site a while ago and i lost some weight just by counting calories...however igot off track and gained again here i am only 1 day in to my new journey and already a pound down.. its good because it makes u accountable for what u eat...goodluck liz
  • annejuju
    annejuju Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    It's good to calorie count and be sure that you're getting a balanced diet in. I have much better losses when I'm getting in 4-5 servings of my fruits and veggies everyday.
  • leannecannon
    Options
    Hi Liz fantastic thank u for ur advise it does really help im defo going to start =) xx

Annejuju i am now starting to do the 5 a day thing also so i will have less potatos more veg =) xx
  • Diggy2011
    Diggy2011 Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    Calorie counting is the best way and obviously as time goes on you tend to know what has the higest amount of fat etc
  • lynnonamission
    Options
    Welcome to the site Here you will find lots of support and motivation from others trying to achieve the same thing.
  • Diggy2011
    Options
    Oh and zumba is a life saver if you want some nice treats
  • leannecannon
    Options
    thank u lynn =) and diggy i love the zumba on the wii after 20 mins i want to run in a cold shower lol x
  • gelmong32
    Options
    i bought the wii zumba but have yet to try it out. I have taken some zumba classes and was wondering, does the wii zumba work as well?
  • leannecannon
    Options
    I havent started weighing myself but have just started using it daily i will keep you updated but i can promise you it does get u in a sweat and uses all your body and its really enjoyable and has a lot of good reviews from people saying that have lost weight from using it on the wii x
  • fitnatic67
    Options
    Don't ever be embarrased about going to the gym. I know that there are tons of home workouts that allow people to make great strides in fitness. I'm try to push people to grab a buddy and get out of thier homes and do something physical. It just seems too easy to skip a workout or slip on their diets when working out at home. I do realize that everyone's budget or schedule may not accomodate joining a gym and that's fine. I don't advocate stretching the family finances to get in shape but sometimes you have to give up a little to get a little. Let your embarrasment be your gym motivator.
  • Diggy2011
    Options
    Zumba wii is great if you don't have the money for classes I'm on the 45 minute intermediate part I'm not great at it but if you keep jiggling them hips then it works for me lol 401 cals for 45 minutes.
  • andrewkumala
    Options
    Calorie counting is absolutely useful, we could know what food we should evade and can get a better lifestyle as a result :)
    I lose a few kg just in 2 weeks time..Calorie counting sure works!