How to get rid of "Stretch Marks" ..??

Options
I have stretch marks as i was really skinny and then drastically got mega mega big..!! I know have loads of stretch marks and there are really noticably has any one got any tips that actually work? x

Replies

• purpleipod
    purpleipod Posts: 1,147 Member
    Options
    They will fade over time so they're not so noticeable but they'll never magically disappear.
  • Somiac
    Somiac Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I heard if you become your old weight again they will naturally fade, but it will not go away completely...the oonly way to get rid of them is laser surgery.

As for me, I have a few, I just pretend they are battle scars from an ongoing battle XDD
  • leannecannon
    Options
    Lol somiac i love it i may have to use that one lol!! and yeah alot of people say coco butter is supposed to get rid of them but im ok as long as there not so noticeable
  • billsica
    billsica Posts: 4,741 Member
    Options
    Also as you get older, your just not going to care so much, so you have about 15 years or so then you will have other things to worry about.
  • kt2134
    kt2134 Posts: 45
    Options
    Bio Oil worked for me, but it's pricey so I stopped buying it and found that they faded over time, it took longer but you can barely see them. I had got loads of stretch marks when I gained weight.

Cocoa butter doesn't seem to work, I heard spoiled mama tummy butter works really good. I ordered it online once, it smelled really good but I only got a small jar which ran out fast and I never ordered it again. If I could find it in Bermuda (which I can't) I'd definitely try it again.
  • leannecannon
    Options
    Thank you Kt really found this useful and i am going to try =)
  • laughingdani
    laughingdani Posts: 2,275 Member
    Options
    The key is to keep your skin moisturized so they are not as noticeable.

I call mine my "tiger stripes"! Besides....who cares if you have stretch marks when you have a smokin bod?! Just work on being happy and healthy and don't worry about the small stuff.
    I've NEVER had complaints about my stretch marks from anyone that's seen me nude. And if I ever did. They would die. Just kidding.... sort of.
  • Robyn405
    Options
    vitamin e will help to fade them, but they wont ever go away. They always say to use cocoa butter during pregnancy but the thing is, if your skin is prone to stretch marks, youre going to get them no matter what you do. I think of mine as battle scars too. I had a pregnancy 3 years ago and the stretch marks i aquired were a fantastic shade of purple, red and pink. Now, theyre all white. Give it time :)