Suggestions for getting out of "funk"

Options
I am in a "workout funk." Does anyone have any suggestions???

Replies

• rsdgirl
    rsdgirl Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    when i get in a workout funk i try a workout ive never done before .............. zumba, kickboxing, swimming, workout w/ a friend ?? hope this helps
  • alright_flower
    Options
    How about trying something new? Or, if you only do the gym, try a class like Zumba - have a bit of fun??
  • hbrittingham
    hbrittingham Posts: 2,518 Member
    Options
    I would suggest changing it up a bit. If you normally go to the gym, try different cardio and weights, if you normally work out at home, try different workout dvds, if you normally walk outside, take a different route.
  • JacksMom12
    JacksMom12 Posts: 1,044 Member
    Options
    maybe switch it up and find something new you like? I don't know I'm in kind of a funk too because my 5.5 month old never naps and I don't have anyone to watch him, I can't afford a gym membership or a lot of decent equipment. I am stuck doing quick workout DVD's because that's the only thing available to me at the moment. I somehow suck it up and do it though. Hoping i can get the "kinect" for our xbox360 this Christmas so I can do some new workout stuff at home. I'm hoping if I try something new, I'll get re motivated.
  • Sp1nGoddess
    Sp1nGoddess Posts: 1,138 Member
    Options
    I agree -try something new! I like to change my strength program about every 4 weeks and I find running programs on the web that mix up just straight running. Burst training is fun and really effective.
  • Salinat
    Options
    I was afraid of that. CHANGING it up! i am a runner and have been consistent for years. Body is telling me to STOP! Thanks for the help.
  • CathiAnne
    CathiAnne Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    I was in a treadmill funk and needed something different. I set a goal to walk from Omaha to Times Square. I'm on my way to Des Moines. It's going to take me a year probably but I need a big goal broken down into smaller goals to keep me "entertained."
  • kcarpen3
    Options
    What about a simple change in atmosphere? Go outside if you are inside, check out a park, etc
  • Salinat
    Options
    Thanks, I ran intervals outside today!
  • CaraBeara1
    Options
    I'm a runner and different scenery and different music help me out a lot. I put a new mix of music on my ipod for the duration of my run. Rock my run at www.rockmyrun.com has running playlists you can download.
  • Salinat
    Options
    'Each one of your "pounds lost" is enough motivation for me. Just need to suck it up!