Best chest workouts?? (girls only)

Options
Well I have a wedding to go to in 6 months I am a bridesmaid my sisters tells me I need to lose .5 inches of my bust does any knows a good workout for that without equitment?? Thanks

Replies

• SergeantSunshine_reused
    Options
    pushups! :D
  • ajfrench
    ajfrench Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    Sunshine is right - pushups are great for the chest. You can do weight-lifts on the bar, but I find "flys" are better. In case you haven't done them before, for flys you lay on a bench with two weights over your chest (start with 5 lbs or 7.5 lbs if you haven't done them before). Take your arms and lower them to be parallel with the side of your body. Your elbows should be slightly bent. You want to raise the weights by contracting your chest muscles.

I'm sure there are YouTube videos for this.
    Options
    I will note that you cannot target fat loss. 6 months is way more than enough time to lose it too :] typically women lose a lot from their bust first
  • trlyblssd79
    trlyblssd79 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Seriously - the above response is right!! Add serious push ups (military, diamond, wide fly, standard, decline) google how to do them. There is also a push up out there for those who want a challenge called dive bomber push ups!! I still can't master those! You will lose more then .5 inch
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    I was going to say pushups and chest flies when I read the subject. But after reading your real problem I don't think that is the answer. That could likely make your chest bigger by building up the muscle under your breasts. I do these to keep from losing my "chest".

To reduce I'd suggest aerobic exercise. You need to burn calories.
  • Troll
    Troll Posts: 922 Member
    Options
    first of all, you can do pushups, presses, flys, or whatever untill your arms fall off but you cant spot reduce, meaning you wont lose 5 inches with pushups. You need to up your cardio while doing pushups and such. Now, dont just do regular pushups, put your hands wider, more narrow, put your feet on a chair, make a diamond with your fingers and touch your chest to it-change it up! :)
    Options
    I was going to say pushups and chest flies when I read the subject. But after reading your real problem I don't think that is the answer. That could likely make your chest bigger by building up the muscle under your breasts. I do these to keep from losing my "chest".

Not a reason to avoid chest exercises though.
    I also doubt she will be putting on serious mass under her breasts. Chest exercises do a ton of good!
  • loved11
    loved11 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    i agree cant spot reduce, cardio is the way to go. The weight will come off everywhere and you will look great. Why do they say you have to lose anyway?
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options

I also doubt she will be putting on serious mass under her breasts. Chest exercises do a ton of good!

If the goal is to reduce, aerobic exercise is going to do that faster than strength training like pushups.
    Options

If the goal is to reduce, aerobic exercise is going to do that faster than strength training like pushups.

I want my legs to be a bit more lean and smaller. Im not going to stop doing squats.
    I always encourage some sort of resistance training.
  • engineman312
    engineman312 Posts: 3,450 Member
    Options
    your sister sounds like a real peach.
  • servilia
    servilia Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    Half an inch is nothing. Just lose a couple of pounds through a deficit/exercise and you'll be fine.
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    your sister sounds like a real peach.

haha
  • Fat_2_Fit_Mommy
    Fat_2_Fit_Mommy Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    i agree cant spot reduce, cardio is the way to go. The weight will come off everywhere and you will look great. Why do they say you have to lose anyway?
    cause I guess the dress my sister picked. Also I have a big bust anyways.
  • Ebbykins
    Ebbykins Posts: 420 Member
    Options
    Well I have a wedding to go to in 6 months I am a bridesmaid my sisters tells me I need to lose .5 inches of my bust does any knows a good workout for that without equitment?? Thanks

Um, this is what a tailor is for, get the dress altered. :P
  • privateannonymous
    Options
    All good advice here. Remember, muscle burns fat even when you're just sitting around so do the weights, pushups and aerobics - do it routinely too. It doesn't work if you do it from time to time. In addition to the aerobic and anaerobic exercise, you need to reduce fat intake and increase lean protein consumption. Get rid of the butter and substitute healthy fats like olive oil.

Decrease simple carbs as well. Stay away from "white" foods, foods that are processed and foods that contain white sugar, white flour, white rice, etc. White equals no nutrition, high glucose levels, increased insulin production and potential for diabetes. Increase complex carbs - veggies and fruits. Stay away from high fructose corn syrup as well. Read labels - you'll be surprised at how many "healthy" foods contain this ingredient. Low fat yogurt sounds good but watch labels. Yoplait lowfat yogurt has high fructose corn syrup in it so while it seems to be good, it has drawbacks. You're better off buying plain or vanilla lowfat yogurt and adding fruit and a small amount of honey instead.

Help kick your metabolism into high gear by adding 2 low fat, lean protein snacks into your day. Include low fat cottage cheese, hard boiled egg whites, lean chicken or solid white tunafish and a portion of veggies. 4 ounces is plenty and this will keep your energy level and reduce your appetite and cravings. Do this for 12 weeks and you'll be amazed at how your body will respond. You can also incorporate Whey Isolate protein as a great source of lean protein that will help you build lean toned muscles as you work out.

Lastly, give yourself one "free" day a week to indulge - don't go crazy - but treat yourself to something you've been craving - maybe it's a little chocolate or some pizza - a glass or two of wine - whatever it is. It's good to treat yourself after you've worked hard and been disciplined all week. And, forgive yourself if you "fall off" the plan. We're all human and none of us is perfect. All we can do is continually try and that will spell success. Now go look gorgeous at your wedding event! :]