New to MFP

Options
Hi All !
Thought I would try something new since nothing else is working for me. I've never had to the patience to count calories in the past, but I hear it works, so I thought I would give this a try. Wish me luck !! :happy:

Replies

• hurley
    hurley Posts: 2
    Options
    Hi All !
    Thought I would try something new since nothing else is working for me. I've never had to the patience to count calories in the past, but I hear it works, so I thought I would give this a try. Wish me luck !! :happy:
  • willywonka
    willywonka Posts: 743 Member
    Options
    Hi there and welcome to this wonderful website. I promise you that if you are able to put the time and effort into logging your food and exercise and with the support of everyone here, you will be seeing results in NO time
    Glad to have you!!
    :wink:
  • BrenNew
    BrenNew Posts: 3,420 Member
    Options
    Hi, and welcome to THE best site on the web! It really DOES work! :happy:
    Nothing else worked for me either, including trying hypnosis, TWICE!!! But, since coming to MFP, I HAVE finally managed to lose most of the weight that I was so desperate to lose! :love:
    Between the easy to use food counter (which by the way is SUCH an eye opener!) and all the wonderfully supportive members, you WILL be able to lose the weight that you want to, AND, it'll "almost" be easy doing it!
    I recommend logging ALL your foods BEFORE you have them, rather than later, as it tends to lead to better food choices. (not to mention you'll know if you've got enough numbers left to have a night time snack, like I ALWAYS try to do!) Some people also like to weigh and measure some things, such as meats, rather than just estimating and possibly being WAY off!
    Also, drink lots of water, that seems to help alot too. :drinker:
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome to MFP, the best website ever. You will love it here. I :heart: this site. It is so motivational, supportive, helpful, and everyone is so nice and friendly here. I just wanted to tell you good luck on your weight loss journey. You can do this.:smile::flowerforyou: :smile: :flowerforyou:
  • lilmissnicole
    Options
    Welcome!!
    Counting calories can be irritating at first, but after a while it's not so bad. :wink:
    I'm glad your here, good luck!! :bigsmile: :heart: