Fresh Start

Options
Hi everyone! I am Reba and I have just joined myfitnesspal. I became a insulin dependant diabetic last month. I have to lose wieght to hopefully get off insulin and become a "healthy diabetic. I hope this online program will help me attain my goals. Looking forward to chatting with all of you as I learn the ropes.

Replies

• RebaK
    RebaK Posts: 3
    Options
    Hi everyone! I am Reba and I have just joined myfitnesspal. I became a insulin dependant diabetic last month. I have to lose wieght to hopefully get off insulin and become a "healthy diabetic. I hope this online program will help me attain my goals. Looking forward to chatting with all of you as I learn the ropes.
  • jackeh
    jackeh Posts: 1,515 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP:flowerforyou:
  • getfitwithangela
    getfitwithangela Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    YOU CAN DO IT! SUPPORT AND CHOICES!:happy:
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome to MFP, the best website ever. You will love it here. I :heart: this site. It is so motivational, supportive, helpful, and everyone is so nice and friendly here. I just wanted to tell you good luck on your weight loss journey. You can do this.:smile::flowerforyou: :smile: :flowerforyou:
  • lilmissnicole
    Options
    I'm so excited for you!! :happy:
    Welcome to MFP, you're going to love it here.
    Message me anytime. :wink:
    :heart: :flowerforyou: :heart:
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,969 Member
    Options
    flowerforyou flowerforyou flowerforyou flowerforyou

Hi Reba,

Welcome to MFP---this site has changed my life. I had never been involved with internet message boards or anything like this. I was looking for an online list of how many calories in some food and found MFP.

I log my food the night before so I can rearrange and make choices before I eat. After I make my plan, I stick to it and have a rule for myself to not accept any food that is offered to me not matter how benign or tasty looking or anything.

I found a group of supportive people that I check in with almost every day. bigsmile There are a lot of good groups. Look on the message board for "Motivation and Support". There's a group for 50+ Women, a Diabetic Support group and other groups that have fitness challenges.

Take it one day at a time. Take baby steps in making changes. You can't change everything at once.

Go to "Tools" and make a ticker for yourself. It is so motivating to see your weight change.bigsmile

Ask questions. There are no dumb questions and there's always someone with the answer.

Good luck. You can do this.bigsmile and drink lots of water drinker drinker