New Rules of Lifting for Women

Options
scapez
scapez Posts: 2,018 Member
I will likely be joining LA Fitness over the winter to change my routine up a bit. I wish to mainly focus on strength training, however, I can't afford a personal trainer and I don't want to be on the weight machines without some kind of plan or goal.

I've heard a lot about The New Rules of Lifting for Women...and I'm intrigued. If I get the book, does it contain a program of sorts that I can follow along with at the gym?

Replies

• JWeaser
    JWeaser Posts: 302
    Options
    Yes it does. I am only half way through the book but it has a ton of information including meal plans and a lot of different workout moves. There is a group called NROL you should come join!
  • _GlaDOS_
    _GlaDOS_ Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options
    Yes. It does. :flowerforyou:
  • GibsonDarlin
    GibsonDarlin Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    Check it out of the library first to see if you are going to like it before you buy it!
  • Yanicka1
    Yanicka1 Posts: 4,564 Member
    Options
    You have 7 different workout and each one take about 3 weeks except the first one that is 8 weeks. I love it because you don't have time to get bored
  • Iceskatefanrn
    Iceskatefanrn Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    This thread had me doing some online research - I've never heard of this, but I'm at a point where I'm ready to really get into lifting. This sounds perfect for me!

:drinker:

Ice
  • mdn15
    mdn15 Posts: 145
    Options
    you should check out if your club has a Les Mills BodyPump class. It is excellent for strength training. I uses bar weights to scult your entire body.
  • aregensb
    aregensb Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    I checked the book out from the library and read it first. It really intrigued me so I purchased it and am now a week in. I really like the program so far! Good luck to you. :flowerforyou: