almost 40 and need your help please!

Options
Hello I am needing friends to help keep me motivated. I am more than 50 lbs overwieght and think i may be addicted to food. I try to keep on track but I get mad and eat. I quit smoking about 12-15 years ago an now want one more than ever. I had a hysterectomy 5 years ago and have done nothing but gain weight. Please add me as a friend and give me the encouragement I need to keep with this. I need to hear that this really does work and maybe your secrets to not giving up.

thank you for any help you can give.

Replies

• LuLuRunner1
    LuLuRunner1 Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    You can add me. I turned 40 a few months back and I definitely think it takes more.

I've sent you a friend request.
  • grassette
    grassette Posts: 976 Member
    Options
    If you get mad, you need to exercise to get out all of that surplus adrenalin out of your system. Go for a run! Get on the treadmill or the exercycle and go as hard as you can. Swim. Get a punching bag. Lift weights. Empty your mind. Then your body will feel better, and you'll be able to look at things with a more balanced perspective.
  • CarolynB38
    CarolynB38 Posts: 553 Member
    Options
    I'll send you a request. I also need to lose over 50lb and I turn 40 next year. I am struggling with losing the weight and it is coming off very slowly but this site is fab. I have some great friends who keep me motivated and although I have been finding it difficult and frustrating I am still going and have no intention of giving up.

Just a quick note: please ignore my diary for the last couple of weeks, I have not been well and now my daughter is sick so it has not been easy. I'm still plodding along and gradually getting back to my usual healthy eating and exercise schedule and I am here to support you as my friends have supported me :happy:
  • mrimike
    mrimike Posts: 139
    Options
    I turned 40 last November and I've lost around 50 lbs since then! I joined 2 different weight loss challenges this year to help me do it. Unfortunately I gained some back (half) after the first one. I'm hoping I will have the strength to maintain after the finishing this last one. Tracking calories and exercise was an absolute key to my success................and working my *kitten* off:)
  • ilsk
    ilsk Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Please add me too, im 38 and finding it really hard to stay motivayed. Need to lose around 24 pounds. My main problem is chocolate....oh and doritos,
  • kmcgrath1
    kmcgrath1 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Sounds like we're all in the same boat. Please feel free to add me...anybody! I am also turning 40 in 4 months and wanted to hit my goal weight which is a 20 lb loss by then. For most people it seems easy...but it never does for me. I can definitely use all the support I can get!
  • mishelsblessed
    mishelsblessed Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I looked up stubborn weight loss on Dr Oz website.. and their is wonderful info on it.. Like at 40+ we need to eat and exercise to increase the metabolism.. If the metabolism slows dwn we need to work to speed it up.. :happy: