The 8 People Who Will Ruin Your attempt to lose weight

Options
http://www.cracked.com/blog/the-8-people-who-will-ruin-your-attempt-to-lose-weight/

Saw this on Cracked this morning and thought some of the MFP crowd might enjoy it. here's an excerpt -

"...Tell them you're going to stop drinking soda and drink only water, and they'll say, "That's not going to do anything, you're still eating burgers for lunch and playing video games all day." Tell them you're going to take a half-hour walk at lunch every day and they'll snort derisively and say, "You know the amount of calories you burn in one walk isn't even enough to make up for one banana, right?"
Losing weight after being fat for a long time seems like a monumentally impossible task, like climbing Mt. Everest, or in some cases, a flight of stairs. Either way, going from the way you are to being a "normal" weight can sometimes seem like a ridiculous fantasy. That's why when you succeed with changing one tiny habit, it can change your whole perspective. It's not this monstrous solid mountain you have to overcome, it's just a big pile of stones, and you just easily picked one up and moved it. It's not about heaving the whole thing aside with some supernatural effort, it's just about moving one stone at a time. And the first one wasn't so bad, so you're stoked to grab a couple more.

That's why when a "friend" says, "Ha ha, you dip****, what good is that one stone going to do you?" you want to clock them. And maybe you should, that will burn a good five calories."

Replies

• ncole3
    ncole3 Posts: 164
    Options
    LMAO.....love this!!!
  • mdbs2004
    mdbs2004 Posts: 220
    Options
    nice :)
  • CMWhite84
    CMWhite84 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Here's another one: "you may as well wait until after the Holidays, it's pointless right now with all the holiday food!"
  • anulle2009
    anulle2009 Posts: 580 Member
    Options
  • rmdemattia
    Options
    So true! love it! :)
  • AdAstra47
    AdAstra47 Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    This is great, thanks for sharing!
  • dixiech1ck
    dixiech1ck Posts: 769 Member
    Options
    Definitely true!! My manager and coworkers sometimes try to sabatoge me, as did some of my "friends." They are no longer "my friends."
  • annabellj
    annabellj Posts: 1,337 Member
    Options
    and just think if we listened to all that, we would all have more to lose! so glad you didnt.mine are the ones that bring crap into the house and claim it is for the kids, or my mil that does the same thing
  • kittuk86
    kittuk86 Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    lol...
  • AmberMarie09
    AmberMarie09 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    too funny.. i love it!!!! last night my bf went to pick up a game for midnight release and brought mcdonalds back.. at MIDNIGHT.. who does that?? haha.. i did resist the temptation to steal his burger
  • kagenw
    kagenw Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    I have such a hard time avoiding eating the people in the bunkers. They're the most delicious :devil: