Do you count/log your warm ups and cool downs?

Options
This is more of a poll; I'm not trying to get people's opinions. As for me, I do roughly 10 minutes of a warm up and about 6-7 minutes of a cool down, and no, I do not use my HRM for it. I only use it for the actual work out.

How about you?

Replies

• hyde1977
    hyde1977 Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    I start my HRM when I start my workout- warm up, or whatever you want to call it. I keep it on for the cool down- I don't turn my HRM off until my heart rate is under 100....so Yes I count those........
  • missymischief
    Options
    I would definitely count it. It's work you are doing and you should count it!
  • iplayoutside19
    iplayoutside19 Posts: 2,304 Member
    Options
    I use a HRM. I don't track warm-up. I turn my HRM off after my HR goes below 130...however long that is. I figure it evens out.
  • TheCats_Meow
    TheCats_Meow Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    I use a HRM and I count starting from the minute I start (warm-up) to the minute I finish (cool-down).
  • NinjaMonkey201
    Options
    I do a 5 minute warm-up and a 3-4 min cooldown. And I count it with my workout.
  • aflane
    aflane Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    As soon as I get on the stationary bike at the gym for my 30-45 minute warm-up, I turn on the HRM. Warm-ups definitely count. HRM stays on through the entire workout (boxing and weight lifting). I normally do stretching and some light yoga as a cool-down, and the HRM is still on. I turn it off as I head to the locker room. Since warm-ups and cool-downs are not part of my non-gym based day, they count.
  • april_beth
    april_beth Posts: 617 Member
    Options
    i count it.
  • softwind
    softwind Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    I would count it, because you are in the process of the workout and your heart rate is more than it is resting. But... I also use my HRM for my stuff.
  • horsepullerlovesme
    horsepullerlovesme Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    yup u still burn calories :flowerforyou:
  • KindleBlossom
    Options
    I do only when I have my activity level on here set to 'sedentary.' Otherwise, I figure those lower- intensity activities can be included in my 'active' or 'lightly active' calorie adjustment.
  • Hayesgang
    Options
    I was just wondering that last night. I walked/jogged for 35 mins but only recorded 30 - I do that all the time with my treadmill.
  • kalexander2005
    kalexander2005 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    I use HRM and count every stinking calorie from when I walk onto the elliptical until I get out of the hot tub. :)
  • josavage
    josavage Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    I always start my HRM at the start of my work out which includes the warm up. When running, I turn it off as soon as I stop running and do not use it at all for my walk when I cool down. I do leave it on when I am at the gym working out though.
  • eeeekie
    eeeekie Posts: 1,011 Member
    Options
    as soon as I move I start it.
  • Allyson1985
    Options
    I include my warm up and cool downs, I start my HRM right before I start moving around.
  • MaggieMay131
    MaggieMay131 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    I usually include it - I go to a CrossFit class and the warmup really gets you going. I don't wear a HRM, but I kind of keep a general track of how many minutes it takes and add it under circuit training. Probably not the most accurate way, but I feel like I lowball things anyway.
  • jennajosephine
    jennajosephine Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    yup u still burn calories :flowerforyou:

yes.
  • KyleB65
    KyleB65 Posts: 1,196 Member
    Options
    I have yet to buy a HRM (I have asked Santa to get me one for xmas)

But, my usual warm up includes 3 - 4 rounds (2:30 each) of skipping rope. I do not add this in specifically but I include the minutes in my overall workout.
  • medoria
    medoria Posts: 673 Member
    Options
    Warmups yes, cool downs and streches no. I dont have an hrm and it just feels redundant to log the stretch sense my heartrate is slowing down etc.
  • jill___
    jill___ Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    I don't count it. I know you burn calories doing it, but I feel like it's the same as counting your walk from the house to the car.