Almost lost my motivation

Options
Over the weekend I spent my time down at my girlfriends house. I did not do any of my workouts the whole weekend and started to ignore my diet. Yesterday got back on my feet pushed out a hard workout but my diet still was way off track. Today I am trying to keep my mind off of all the crap food and focus back on my diet. Any tips for if I am about to go off my diet again?

Replies

• RTricia
    RTricia Posts: 720
    Options
    try and just spend the day eating foods with only one ingredient:

eggs, almonds, spinach, apple, broccoli
  • daunna1013
    Options
    I like to ask myself before im about to go off track " is eating this worth how bad i used to feel all the time? (or feel now if you are just starting) " the answer is normal a huge no and is enough to stop me :)
  • smcassaro
    smcassaro Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    If you start struggling, come on here & read all of the success stories- they are really motivational! :)
  • Alyshahmr
    Options
    You may want to look for triggers that are making you eat unhealthy. Bad habits and such or stress. Drink lots of water, always have some healthy items on hand, in the car, in the cupboard. Plan a way to put exercise in your social life, walking, skating, whatever. If you have a relationship that does not support this change the relationship activities so that it is part of your life.
  • dchris99
    dchris99 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    1 ingredient..........That is a great ides, Nice & Simple.
    My go to is always ....Nothing White, starts out or ends up.
  • H_Factor
    H_Factor Posts: 1,722 Member
    Options
    great job limiting the stumbling block. take a look at my will power blog. it may come in handy as you continue on your journey. stay fierce...stay strong....win!

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/H_Factor/view/recipe-for-a-will-power-pill-for-help-with-the-mental-part-of-the-journey-155978
  • Whatamilike
    Options
    You have to believe in yourself and believe you can do this. Remind yourself that THIS is what you want. Don't beat yourself up over the times you failed - that's history, this is now. Your future as a leaner fitter man in in your hands right NOW - not last weekend...
  • lhanks89
    lhanks89 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Plan out your meals ahead of time, and try to use very little processed foods, if any at all. The healthiest foods are the ones you make yourself from scratch (like steamed veggies and grilled chicken for lunch/dinner, not a pound of bacon for breakfast).

What I usually do is plan for the entire week, do all my cooking in one day, package it up, then just grab it when it's time to eat. I've had huge success avoiding other junk food and things I don't really need to be eating this way. Also, I try to have vegetables with every meal, usually steamed or raw.
  • raptorcat07
    Options
    Thanks everyone for all the help and support, I am definitely feeling more confident now and feel positive again. I will keep doing my best!