Trader Joes

Options
So I am going to make the 40 minute trip up to the nearest TJ's and I'd love to hear from others what they "always" get there.

Obviously the yogurt. Currently, I am buying Stoneyfield's Greek version in individual containers for $1.58 each at my local WM. That is one of my main motivations for going. It's killing me!!! I also hate shopping at WM but don't have other options for greek yogurt locally.

I know the things I usually get at TJ's are not healthy....like the chocolate covered frozen bananas, full fat cheeses, and the ginger candies. The majority of things on my "regular" T'J's shopping list helped get me to the pants size I am today, lol! I've avoided going because I know it is full of temptation for me, but I also know TJ's must have a lot of healthier foods. I know I will shop better if I go in looking for those foods and not trying to feel me way around my old, not so good choices...

TIA!

Replies

• aymie24
    aymie24 Posts: 227
    Options
    So I am going to make the 40 minute trip up to the nearest TJ's and I'd love to hear from others what they "always" get there.

Obviously the yogurt. Currently, I am buying Stoneyfield's Greek version in individual containers for $1.58 each at my local WM. That is one of my main motivations for going. It's killing me!!! I also hate shopping at WM but don't have other options for greek yogurt locally.

I know the things I usually get at TJ's are not healthy....like the chocolate covered frozen bananas, full fat cheeses, and the ginger candies. The majority of things on my "regular" T'J's shopping list helped get me to the pants size I am today, lol! I've avoided going because I know it is full of temptation for me, but I also know TJ's must have a lot of healthier foods. I know I will shop better if I go in looking for those foods and not trying to feel me way around my old, not so good choices...

TIA!
  • FitnessGeek
    FitnessGeek Posts: 487
    Options
    My picks from the Trader Joe brand:

dill pickles
    frozen vegetarian egg rolls
    fresh picked salsa
    strawberry yogurt O's cereal
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    pop chips!!!
  • beckyi88
    beckyi88 Posts: 604
    Options
    I'm making my 1st trip next weekend.
    Do they carry that ezekiel bread everyone talks about?
  • Georg
    Georg Posts: 1,728 Member
    Options
    They have some cool veggie tortilla chips & root veggie chips. Lower in calories & carbs.
    They also have some cute little whole wheat mini-pita breads.
  • Zara11
    Zara11 Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options
    I love to get the pineapple boxes there, the small wheels of cheese, and vegetable masala burgers. I have a masala burger, one-two slices of whole bread for lunch - and now I add a wedge of laughing cow. It's a cheap, filling lunch. I also usually grab frozen premade chicken burrito (to eat with lotsa veggies) if I'm going to have a busy week.

Best bet, honestly, is to walk up and down the isle for an hou or so and just poke and prod around. You'll find the most random things!
  • getfitwithangela
    getfitwithangela Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    One of my FAVE TJ's things is the crustless Quiche (freezer section). 300 cals--couple different flavors-AWESOME. They have lots of different breads-they have their own version of sprouted ezikiel bread as well. I love the frozen shrimp stir fry-low fat and natural and a guiltless Kung Pao chicken. Usually pick up turkey burgers there and the fruit is reasonable- pre sliced pineapple is great- Have Fun! I
  • mlmanney
    mlmanney Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    trader joes kettle corn (pre popped in a pink bag) 130 per serving of over 2 cups!
    trader joes everything crackers aslo a great flavorful snack that is inexpensive in calories!