Motivation

Options
I go out at 7 in the morning and don't get back till half 4 in the afternoon. During this time I take my boy to school walk for half an hour to my work, look after children in a nursery for 4 hours sometimes 5 then walk back to the school to pick my boy up. I have two other children waiting for me at home, but the evenings I just want to collapse and don't feel like doing any exercise but I want to get back into it - any ideas for motivation!!!!!

Replies

• kschubnell
    Options
    It sounds like you are already doing some exercise with the walking to and from the school. That is an awesome start. Since you have kids, maybe you could try making a game out of some fun exercises that you can do with them. This would give you some exercise and also provide some fun time with them. :smile:
  • bzmom
    bzmom Posts: 1,332 Member
    Options
    My story is similar to yours I wake up at 5:50am and leave the house at 7:25. When I get up I get my 2yr olds stuff ready to drop her off at MILs house and hound the boys to get ready so I can drop them in school. Thankfully I drive drop off the oldes in H.S. at 7:30 the middle child in grammar school at 7:45 and my daughter at MILs at 7:55 and drive work to start at 8:30am. I dont get out of work till 5pm but sometimes (or most of the times it seems) its later which means I dont get home till about 6pm. I then have to make dinner, eat, make sure most my daughters food goes in her mouth and not on the floor and take her a bath. I then try to take about half an hr to exercise at least 2-3 times a week. From my experience its only hard getting started but once you get the hang of it you enjoy having that time even with a busy schedule. My only problem now is I slacked off for a few weeks and now its been kinda difficult for me just to get started but I know once I do it does get easy. Good Luck!!
  • carolkobe
    carolkobe Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    To help get me motivated again, while vegging in front of the tv, I decided that I would do something during the commercial break. Just for those minutes and then I could stop again. So one break might be sit-ups, or reps with a weight or whatever speaks to you. Knowing that it's only for a few minutes would get me started and often that was enough to get me going again and I would just suck it up and put in a decent effort. Of course other times the couch had a stronger motivation!!
    I just watched my friends kids for her the other day and got some inadvertant excercise with them so you might find some ways to play with the kids and exercise at the same time. We had a giant frisbee and ran around after that like crazy. Then we went through the shed and found some more stuff from when my kids were younger and played with them too. All sort of balls and things to catch them of hit them. It was a lot of fun!
    The best motivation of course are your own kids and wanting to be around for a long time to see them grow and raise their own kids. If only so that you can tell them there were exactly like that when they were little!! :happy:
    Best of luck, hope this helps.
    12334015.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • kitty710
    kitty710 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    thanks everyone for the support i'm going to give it a good go!!