Weight Loss withOUT Diet

Options
Hello everyone! I was just curious is there anyone who has lost weight without dieting. I am really having a problem giving up the foods I love. I must say I have definitely changed the amount of food that I eat. I have dropped almost 30 lbs since March, but I just started with physical activity about 7 weeks ago. Any suggestions?

Replies

• ShaSimone
    Options
    Portion control and everything in moderation.
    Give your body what it needs and stop when you are full.
    Drink lots of water
    Be Active everyday.

As much wisdom as I have for now, hope it helps.
  • justme84x
    Options
    i still eat most of the foods I love but I just find healthier versions to make at home, so I know exactly what is going into my food :)
  • FunkBunny
    FunkBunny Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    Keep doing what you're doing. If you limit the amount, but still lose, then you are on the right track. Adding in physical activity is only going to help! just make sure you are eating enough and you'll be good and staying on the road to loss!
  • RyonsLions2
    RyonsLions2 Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    WEIGHTS!!!! Low cardio. Let's be friends and challenge each other!!! Please!! :sad: :flowerforyou:
  • jennajosephine
    jennajosephine Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Portion control is the biggest thing. If you don't want to give up the foods you love, eat less of them.
    and exercise.
  • 12skipafew99100
    12skipafew99100 Posts: 1,669 Member
    Options
    Wow, Congratulations. It sounds like you are doing it just right. Keep it up!:flowerforyou:
  • 0PhAtDaDdY
    0PhAtDaDdY Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    I must be on Candid Camera...
  • Gunff
    Gunff Posts: 47
    Options
    I guess it depends on your definition of what a Diet is. Are you are saying remove things you love just so you don't eat a certain type of food (Carbs)?

It seems that if you have lost 30 lbs since March you are doing pretty well yourself. I'm down about 20lbs in the last 3 months just by eating less and excercising more. I still eat the same hamburgers, brats, steak that I did before, but I just eat 1 burger or brat instead of 2 or 3.

For the most part the entire MyFitnessPal community is all about just eating right and healthy, in a way that you could see yourself maintaining for the rest of your life. If you aren't doing that now, you'll never keep the weight off that you are losing now.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    What do you mean by "dieting"? I would consider eating less a diet, even if you are eating the same foods you were eating when you gained weight.
  • dobarber
    dobarber Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    Really the only things that I have given up are fast food items and soda. Everything else I eat(including chocolate and candy). If I eat the "bad" foods then I factor it into my calroies and eat less of other items to meet my goal. Its all about managing your calories. Also drink as much water as you can and exercise. It will definitely help with your weight loss.
  • llashawn
    llashawn Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    WEIGHTS!!!! Low cardio. Let's be friends and challenge each other!!! Please!! :sad: :flowerforyou:

ok I am ready :happy:
  • rockerbabyy
    rockerbabyy Posts: 2,258 Member
    Options
    i havent given anything up.. i still eat burgers and pizza and chips and candy. i just limit how much of them i eat, and try to eat more fruits and veggies in between.. i also dont look at is as a diet. diets are temporary, im doing this for life. its something i can stick with because im not denying myself anything
  • llashawn
    llashawn Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH I GREATLY APPRECIATE IT
  • RyonsLions2
    RyonsLions2 Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    I know it's been a while.... how are you doing? I had fallen off the bus.... I'm back on now and working toward my goal. I will succeed. I am going slow and steady because I refuse to give up the foods I love! I wish things came in smaller portion sizes!!