world of warcraft, and other mmo's

Options

Replies

• capriciousmoon
    capriciousmoon Posts: 1,263 Member
    Options
    I like mmorpgs but I never understood why people like WoW so much.
  • maidentl
    maidentl Posts: 3,203 Member
    Options
    I am a dreaded "casual." I much prefer questing to raiding. Sometimes I spend crazy amounts of time on it, sometimes I can go weeks without playing. I tend to work out in the morning and if I do play, it's usually at night so I don't have a conflict.
  • Ebbykins
    Ebbykins Posts: 420 Member
    Options
    This is what I think............

D6v2n.jpg

WTF, pandas?!! Really?!!!

Been playing wow since '06. Have a 85 hunter, 85 shaman, 85 druid on Area 52 - Horde with /272 days played on my hunter alone. We are probably going to be switching to The Old Republic when it comes out but definitely trying out Firefall. Free MMO, ftw!!! Currently, been mostly playing WoW (again after a 10 month hiatus, Cata kind of sucks), Battlefield 3, LoL, Minecraft. Can't wait for next month, so many new releases!

I have been "off" WoW since April this year, only starting to really miss it now that fall/winter are setting in, playing MMO's is my fave thing to do in the winter aside from hiking/snowboarding, I workout in the mornings or in the afternoons, sometimes both no conflict, just micro manage everything as normal, and cook, clean, eat, go out in between gaming. Not a big TV person or a napper, so many hours in a day to fill being SAH. I deleted my 85 holy/disc raid/pvp priest in a rage quit then so I wouldn't have my main to entice me back to. Such a sad day. LOL. Currently seeking a new Mac friendly MMO, if I can't find one I'm going to Cross over the new Mac so I can run windows only games.

PS WoW sucks now after they broke priests healing abilities, gimpity gimp gimp. So I no WoW ever again... nevah evah.
  • jazzdspazz
    jazzdspazz Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    The new star wars! Can we all play it form a guild and make out?!

Ps we can call our guild the "fatties"
  • kapeluza
    kapeluza Posts: 3,434 Member
    Options
    I say, hungry hungry hippos. Who is GM? Not it.
  • Ebbykins
    Options
    The new star wars! Can we all play it form a guild and make out?!

Ps we can call our guild the "fatties"

I'm actually getting the Star Wars game, it's been decided in my mind for a while now. I'll join your guild.... but refuse to be a fatty!
  • jazzdspazz
    Options
    We need a fearless leader, the last time some one gave a Cuban power fidel Castro happend so i definitely can't be trusted
  • kapeluza
    Options
    Well, I'm not it. I was GM of a hardcore raiding guild bakc in BC. Never again. No power tripping here lol
  • Ebbykins
    Options
    We need a fearless leader, the last time some one gave a Cuban power fidel Castro happend so i definitely can't be trusted

Well I'm french... so I'm pretty much harmless in that regard. LOL. I like guild leading. My guild in WoW is called "People Over Purples" for newbs, people who were socially inept and just overall didn't get along with the rest of WoW society... it was like running a WoW orphanage. :O
  • Ebbykins
    Options
    I'm kind of OCD and a micro manager by nature (a friendly one though!) so if we do do this... I'll totally lose sleep over all of it. LOL.
  • jazzdspazz
    Options
    Supa cute! We get to form our guild already if we pre order all u need is four heads who pre order and I got my pre order already in
  • Ebbykins
    Options
    Supa cute! We get to form our guild already if we pre order all u need is four heads who pre order and I got my pre order already in

Huzzah! I shall figure my shiz out and get back to you.
  • kapeluza
    Options
    I'm pre-ordering next week most likely!
  • dovesgate
    dovesgate Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    I was working on WotLK hardmodes when the expansion came out. Got to 85, got into heroics, and defected to Rift. It just got to be too much of a time and soul drain, being a Shroedinger's Rat. With Rift, I got to 50 and bailed.

I get way too into the game. I can start up with all the best intentions and then I feel the pull of the raid once again and I can't be content with pugs, which means way too much time and dedication to a guild.

If I knew how to balance it all, I would try it again. Maybe.
  • brianandmarlene2
    Options
    I feel that someone went home and watched Kungfu Panda and in a moment of retardation added it to the game.
  • EmTee888
    Options
    Noted, I'll take that on board.
    Thanks for the replying back :D
  • lmfender
    Options
    I work out after work with a couple people and raid in the evening. It's not hard for me to balance the two, though I can see where it would be for some. I raid with our guild 4 nights a week--2 on the main team, 2 on the alt/second team. It really does begin to be a second job at times, but I think there are worse hobbies to be involved in.

I will probably stop playing when MoP comes out. Getting married next year and hopefully getting a job as a real teacher instead of just an aide position, so I'll have a lot more work to be doing outside of my work hours if that makes sense. There are several in my guild that are excited about the xpac, but I am not. I could use the word "disgusted" to describe how I felt watching the preview of MoP, though I couldn't explain to you why I felt so strongly.

I have played RIFT with my old GM and it was interesting, but I still find WoW to be fun. For now. We'll see what happens with the new xpac.
  • Krizzle4Rizzle
    Krizzle4Rizzle Posts: 2,704 Member
    Options
    I love WoW. Always have. Probably always will. Yes, there are pandas..but are we forgetting other races we have like Tauren. I mean come on, they are cows. But you know what I love my Tauren druid..and I will love my Kung Fu Panda. I think the xpac looks pretty sweet IMO.

FOR THE HORDE!!
  • Slimithy
    Slimithy Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    I stopped playing way WoW back in May and just started back this week. I'm going from a pretty serious Raider to a Casual Quester/Lvler. With 2 kids plus one coming. 2-3 jobs, and working out I just don't have the evenings to commit to playing and farming fro Raids. I'm wondering how the new raidfinder may change that. If I do one wing of a raid with a group will I be saved to only that raid or the next night can I use the finder to join a group at the part of the progression or earlier to finish with?

The Xpac looks better than I thought it would in the Videos from Blizzcon. I know Pandas were a joke in the past, but it is obvious that Blizz in serious about making them AWESOME. Also, I'm looking froward to getting rid of the cookie cutter talent builds. I'm not sure about the resourse changes for Locks though, Mana just makes sense... ANyone else play on Exodar? Horde side of course...
  • wellbert
    wellbert Posts: 3,924 Member
    Options
    Someone told me they thought the Pandaren would make WoW 'too silly.'

....Seriously?