I gained 12 pounds and I kinda don't care

Options
The reason why I gained is that I FINALLY quit smoking !!! I am getting back on track and my committment to my health is even stronger than ever. I don't expect to lose alot over the holidays, but at least my focus is where it is supposed to be! Even though I took a few steps back, I knew this was something I had to tackle and to do so, I had to allow myself the freedom to eat.

Replies

• Beckym1205
    Beckym1205 Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    Great job! I know from personal experience that that was no easy task. :drinker:
  • efarester
    Options
    Congrats!! Quitting smoking takes a lot - what a great accomplishmet!! I am sure there are many more accomplishments to come :)
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,121 Member
    Options
    Congratulations. I stopped smoking 18 years ago. One of the best things I ever did.
  • Benji49
    Benji49 Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    Fabulous attitude! Enjoy your holiday.
  • mandasimba
    mandasimba Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    Way to go! What a big accomplishment and a great step in becoming more healthy :) Well done! :smile:
  • KarenPostmus
    Options
    Nice!! Your lungs will thank you:) One thing at a time!
  • AJPTRF
    AJPTRF Posts: 24
    Options
    Oh Good for you! It is a hard thing to do!
  • graysmom2005
    graysmom2005 Posts: 1,882 Member
    Options
    GREAT JOB!! No one ever thinks it will happen to them, and my husband's uncle who smoked heavily (aunt too) just got diagnosed with stage 4 lung cancer that has moved into a brain tumor. Months to live. To think it may have been preventable! Great commitment. Those pounds can be dealt with later! :drinker:
  • april_beth
    april_beth Posts: 617 Member
    Options
    freakin high five!!! great job girl!!
  • 1546mel
    1546mel Posts: 191
    Options
    Good for you. I am almost exactly 1 year from quitting smoking and am losing weight now. Get over the smoking and keeps LOTS of Extra Carefree gum around, worked for me. so did pacifiers :) As long as you are at home no one can see ;) And hit the gym HARD and remember how hard it was to work out before quitting :)
  • GettingFit4Me2011
    Options
    Great job at quitting the smoking! Now, the weight journey begins.
  • vtgirl77
    Options
    Great job and great attitude! Way to sort it out, with that you can get down to business ;)
  • mrsjohnson75
    mrsjohnson75 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    Congrats to you! That's really really awesome:)
  • afigueroa_pr
    Options
    I'll take the weight gain instead of the smoking.
    Great job toward your healthier lifestyle!
  • TYME4ME2CHANGE
    Options
    Congratulations!!!! Today is my 2 year anniversary of my quit.. I agree what ever weight you put on is soooo worth freedom from the Nicodemon..
  • pasutto
    Options
    Great job!! I quit back in Feb and I gained about 20 lbs. Its been a struggle to lose the weight but I have stuck to my plan and have started eating more frequently smaller portions and the pounds are now coming off. I'm not one for exercising, but I have also started an exercise plan and I'm getting back to norm.

Stick with it, you will feel a million times better!
  • trishlambert
    trishlambert Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    I disagree!!!!!! I don't think you've taken any steps back at all!

Good for you for the smoking quit...that is no easy thing, and you have a great attitude about your current situation. You've dealt with one thing, and can move on to other health improvement initiatives when you're ready...and I'm confident that you will have yourself at a whole new level of healthy in record time!
  • amandavictoria80
    amandavictoria80 Posts: 734 Member
    Options
    Be proud of yourself!!! I know first hand how hard it is. I quit for four months and starting smoking again. Then I quit two more times after that and started again. It is SOOOOO hard as you know. Therefore, you took no step back. You took a giant leap in the right direction. Be proud of that. We are all very proud of you and your accomplishment! :)
  • riccoismydog
    riccoismydog Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    Yay!!! Good for you!!!

I am quitting, I occasionally screw up and have one. Just reading your post made me not want to go out for the smoke I am craving.

The best best part of not smoking, not feeling like I'm going to die while doing the cardio. Every time I even have a puff now, I swear I feel it when I'm on my elliptical.

Those 12 lbs will just melt off, because you'll be able to exercise better faster and longer.

Once again, good for you!
  • albayin
    albayin Posts: 2,524 Member
    Options
    This is really good news! So happy for you!