Wii Fitness Games and Workout Videos?

Options
Hey guys. Since the winter is coming soon, and also because I want to just try and switch up my routine, I'm trying to do research on some Wii Fitness Games [like Zumba, etc] and some Workout Videos.

Does anyone have any suggestions on good ones?

I'm getting a HRM soon so I'm pumped about doing this kind of stuff and videos, etc. Thanks in advance!

Replies

• KimR87
    KimR87 Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    I have Zumba and EA Active. I like the EA Active better though. Also I've heard alot of good things about the Just Dance games so im thinking about picking up one of them.
  • AshleyAmmerman
    Options
    Zumba, Just dance, Wii Fit, Wii Sports,.. there are a lot of dance ones. There's michael jackson, country etc. I am waiting for my Zumba to arrive in the mail. I've heard good things about it.
  • wenders123
    wenders123 Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    I had wii but recently traded for xbox. However I can recommend Zumba, and EA Sports Active 2, both on wii. They are both great cal burners!
  • awdhemi
    awdhemi Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Just Dance is fun. But I don't feel like I get as good of a workout like I do from Zumba.
  • lyngoode
    lyngoode Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    The Michael Jackson Experience is great.
  • Gunff
    Gunff Posts: 47
    Options
    EA active 2 is awesome. I prefer it for PS3, but that's just me, they have it for all 3 systems.

Wii fit is ok, but I don't feel even remotly the same as EA Active. Just dance really only works your arms and not that well, but it is also probably the most fun.

also, EA comes with heart rate monitors, and you can build your own workout routines, but it does a lot of running in place, sqwuats and lunges. I always feel tired after doing it.
  • Maris165
    Maris165 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I love the Just Dance series! If your giving the effort and doing the feet moves also, some of those songs can work it! I rented the Zumba, loved it for the time I had it, it felt like I was working out the same as when I go to the classes. I haven't tried the Wii Active yet though, but the previous reviews make me want to definately check it out.
    Good luck!!

Maris
  • SheehyCFC
    SheehyCFC Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    Getting a lot of the same suggestions, and have to say I agree. EA Active 2 or Wii Sports are good. I actually like the Wii Fit Plus stuff that comes with the board...
  • Gunff
    Gunff Posts: 47
    Options
    (Can you tell i love EA Active?)

On the PS3, I'm not sure about the others but i would assume it is the same.

You can actually buy 2 sets of the sensors and two people can workout together, and it tracks time, calories, workouts completed for both of you.

My wife and I do this and it is pretty fun. We can both knock out a 30 minutes workout and be done for the night rather than each having to spend 30 minutes on the elliptical which ends up taking an hour+ total.
  • leannecannon
    Options
    I use to the wii fit and zumba games i actually love the zumba one though it gets really fast on showing you the steps but trust me it gets u sweating and dancing round your living room from left to right in no time and it also uses every part of your body would defo recommend it =) x
  • Tenoreo90
    Tenoreo90 Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    I remember reading a blog last year from a woman who lost a LOOOT of weight using Wii Fit alone. She said her goal wasn't even to lose weight-she was just having fun! If I find the link I'll post it here...I love Wii Fit because I'm a gamer and like seeing my scores, but I haven't used it in a while. DDR, while not really an exercise game, can be a pretty good work out!
  • tavia28
    tavia28 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I have Just Dance, Just Dance 2 & The Micheal Jackson Experience on Wii. It's extremely fun and a great workout. Plus I love to dance!! I've used a HRM w/chest strap while doing Just Dance 2 and in 10 songs I burned 380 calories. I do put my all in dancing!! I also chose all of the harder songs like ( Boney M.-"Rasputin", Ike & Tina Turner - "Proud Mary", Reggaeton - "Baby Girl",Outkast - "Hey Ya!",Ke$ha - "TiKToK", Kriss Kross- "Jump", Beyonce- "crazy in love, etc.)
  • PeaceLuvVeggies
    PeaceLuvVeggies Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    Thanks to all of you for your suggestions =) Gonna head out sometime soon to buy some games1
  • leahbea22
    leahbea22 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I recently purchased 4 Wii games for the same reason. I bought Zumba, Just Dance, Dance Dance Revolution, and Gold's Gym Workout Dance. I like Just Dance, and Gold's Gym the best, Zumba is ok gotta have a lot of room to move around which I don't at the current moment and DDR is well...disappointing because you have to use the Wii remote AND your feet but your feet barely ever move, so I played it once and that was it. Im getting ready to move so maybe I'll give it a go soon and let ya know. But all games are EXCENTLY carlories burned and will make you feel good.
  • kelgwin36
    kelgwin36 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    If you are also looking for workout videos I recommend some Jillian Michaels videos. I have Yoga meltdown, 30 Shred & Shred with weights. The Shread videos have several 25 min workouts on them and the Yoga video is a 4o min workout. They are all kickbutt workouts, plus they are only like $10 each!