Japanese Noodles

Options
Does anyone know which is healthier? Udon noodles or lo mein noodles? which one do you guys think tastes better?

Replies

• MariSama44
    MariSama44 Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    probably udon, but i would go for buckwheat udon if possible. Soba noodles are also made out of buckwheat...buckwheat is actually a vegetable and not a starchy grain. Its healthier for you and has lots of fiber too. Also lower cal! Buckwheat noodles are usualy more brown and slightly translucent with visible flecks of fiber.
  • roseemb
    roseemb Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I have been hearing a lot about shirataki noodles lately - that have neglible calories and supposedly taste great...
  • Espressocycle
    Espressocycle Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    They are the same. Shirataki are the ones that have no calories.
  • adiesilver
    adiesilver Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    probably udon, but i would go for buckwheat udon if possible. Soba noodles are also made out of buckwheat...buckwheat is actually a vegetable and not a starchy grain. Its healthier for you and has lots of fiber too. Also lower cal! Buckwheat noodles are usualy more brown and slightly translucent with visible flecks of fiber.

^^ITA. Love soba noodles! They're hearty and delicious. Great in a curry soup! If you can find those I'd definitely try them.