Body Media FIT

mmikesell1
mmikesell1 Posts: 7 Member
I just ordered a body media FIT today. I wear a HRM during workouts, but would like to see what my burn is for the entire day. For those of you who have them, do you find them accurate? Was your calorie burn more or less than you expected?

My BMR is 1363 and I usually burn 700 to 750 calories at the gym 6 days a week (cardio and weight lifting). I have a desk job but am active. I go home for lunch everyday and take my dogs for a 10 to 15 minute walk. I also walk them in the morning and after work, so I'm just curious to see how many calories I'm burning.

Replies

• galvestongal
    galvestongal Posts: 186 Member
    I have the BodyBugg and LOVE it!
  • BeLightYear
    BeLightYear Posts: 1,450 Member
    I love my Bodymedia! I was amazed at how many more calories a day I burn than I had been estimating before. No more 1200 calorie days for me:drinker: :bigsmile:

You are going to LOVE it:love::love:

I am really addicted to making sure I hit each goal every day, even the weekends! Gets me up and moving a lot, poor hubby has gotten used to seeing me walking around the house to make sure I get at least 10,000 steps a day:tongue:
  • I cant wait for the the replys on this .. I have been looking in to them and i really want to know peoples thoughts :-)
  • mcanavan05
    mcanavan05 Posts: 210 Member
    I picked up the bluetooth enable Bodymedia for 175 on ebay. Cant find them most places less than 220. Should be here in a few days.. next to get a smartphone..
  • Drunkadelic
    Drunkadelic Posts: 948 Member
    It's on my amazon wish list for christmas :)
  • Missjulesdid
    Missjulesdid Posts: 1,444 Member
    I just started using and I burn less than what the machines at the gym say I should for my weight.. I expected this all along so it felt kind of good to have the BMF prove what I had suspected!

I love it so far.. Especially the fact that it measures my sleep.
  • mmikesell1
    I got the body media FIT with a 6 month free subscription from costco.com. It was only $169 plus tax. A six month membership is a $60.00 value so that's why I ordered it from there. They are $149 from amazon but they are out of stock right now and it doesn't come with free membership months. It's also bluetooth enabled, so I can't wait to get it since I have the iphone. Also, you can order it from costco even if you are not a member. They just add $8.00 to your total.
  • mcanavan05
    mcanavan05 Posts: 210 Member
    Thanks for costco non member charge, never look there since I dont belong to costco. Did you get bluetooth enabled? - edit, nevermind..
  • inspiration345
    inspiration345 Posts: 218 Member
    You are going to love it. Here are some of my results http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/394625-my-bodybugg-results I got mine five days ago. It sure shows a lot of burn. Today I cleaned my apartment and went for a walk to do groceries and did normal home chores and am slated to have burned about 2600 calories for the day. I have burned close to 3000 most days. It is nice to see burns when I am not working out but doing other useful things like taking care of my home and going to work. I am trying to eat up to a deficit of 500 just because I don't want to hurt my body by under eating. I don't have much weight to lose so this is more of an excuse to eat more that I go around to burn calories.
  • mmikesell1
    Yep, it's also bluetooth enabled. Yeah, I would have never known about costco either. I just googled body media and went to the costco sight that came up and while I was checking out, it said that non-members can still purchase from the site, but theres a fee. For the $169 order the fee was only $8.00, so I thought that was resonable.
  • chodgi06
    chodgi06 Posts: 26 Member
    I saw it in store, adn on the site, and couldn't find that it was the bluetooth enabled one anywhere (believe that is called the Link?). i'm def interested now!
This discussion has been closed.