workout theme song?

Options
heaybar
heaybar Posts: 24 Member
I think everyone has a song which they absolutely love, but with exercise music is usually more upbeat faster. So whats a current song you like or an older one which always keeps you energized or motivates you with it's message. With working out what is your favorite song?

An older song I like is "Groove is in the heart" by Deee Lite
and something which isn't really current but I like anyway is Lady Gaga's Bad Romance (Starsmith remix)

Replies

• CollegeGirl19
    Options
    "Sexy and I Know It" by LMFAO
    "My Body" by Young the Giant
  • CollegeGirl19
    Options
    I also love to end a good session with "Every Teardrop is a Waterfall" by Coldplay.
  • kaetmarie
    kaetmarie Posts: 668 Member
    Options
    not new -- but "black and yellow" by wiz <3 PITTSBURGH!
  • losinit_4_good
    losinit_4_good Posts: 731 Member
    Options
    I'm a huge fan of Lady Gaga's Edge of Glory. I keep it on my play list for when I have about 10 mins left in my power walk/jog and my legs are done and I wanna slow down. Never fails to pick me back up so I finish strong :smile:
  • varnerific
    varnerific Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Katy Perry "Firework". I know, cheesy but it's my theme song about finding my "spark".
  • Jamiew3kids
    Jamiew3kids Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    LMFAO Sexy and I know it!!
  • VegGrrl
    VegGrrl Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    "Sexy Back" by JT. I love the beat, and I am so trying to bring my "sexy" back!!!! For something faster, Metallica's "Broken, Beat, and Scarred" is my fave - because "what don't kill me makes me more strong"!
  • JudyKC32
    Options
    Old, but Eye of the Tiger is my fave workout song.
  • heaybar
    Options
    Katy Perry "Firework". I know, cheesy but it's my theme song about finding my "spark".

not cheesy! I have this on my workout playlist
  • Purpleflipflops
    Purpleflipflops Posts: 563 Member
    Options

Me too!

But Pink's "Raise Your Glass" Is mine. Overplayed, but I feel so empowered when it comes on!
  • devilblkdress
    Options
    I like a lot of old school jams when I work out (which is pretty funny since I listen to rock and metal for the most otherwise) so throw on some Humpty Dance (Digital Underground), I like Big Butts (Sir Mix-a-lot), Lets Talk about Sex (Salt n Peppa), Gin and Juice (Snoop Dogg) and Summer Time (Will Smith) Or basically anything from the mid 90's with a good upbeat and kicking groove :-)
  • odettedancing
    odettedancing Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Agreed with Sexy and I Know it LMFAO but also Lets Move Your Body Beyonce!
  • manofsteel1
    Options
    my three favorite's are sexy and i know it, party rock anthem and ive had the time of my life by the black eyed peas
  • rosebarnalice
    rosebarnalice Posts: 3,488 Member
    Options
    Mine is "I GO SWIMMING" by Peter Gabriel (although not all that easy to listen to in the pool!)
  • elsie71
    Options
    Loads! But for some reason, 'Sweet Home Alabama' gets me moving! It reminds me of happier times, and I want to get back to those!
  • phindilee
    phindilee Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Older song....We are in heaven by DJ Sammy
    New....Moves like Jagger by Maroon 5
  • heaybar
    Options
    I think I'll have to change what I had listed as my favorite. I do like those songs I listed but the song Feelin' So Good by Jennifer Lopez has been a favorite since I heard it a long time ago. I think that everyone whether trying to lose weight, or just stay healthy can understand the message of feeling good about yourself.

oh also I wanted to post at least the chorus but its probably forbidden by forum rules
  • jrowan4688
    jrowan4688 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Louder by Chris Willis!

and an all time favorite: Sexy Chick by David Guetta (pretty much anything by him)

Oh and "Don't Stop the Party" by Black Eyed Peas is great
  • Robyn405
    Options
    sixx am; life is beautiful!
  • varnerific
    varnerific Posts: 48 Member
    Options

Me too!

But Pink's "Raise Your Glass" Is mine. Overplayed, but I feel so empowered when it comes on!

I have Raise Your Glass on mine too! :)