energy boost?

Options
does anyone have a recommendation for a quick energy boost? i usually have a cup of coffee mid morning to bust through the fog, but now that i am back to the gym, i feel like 8hrs of sleep is not enough. and i am losing motivation to work out, even though i always feel better after having been to a zumba class. i just need some pep to get there, ya know?

honestly, i am tempted to try some of the thermogenic [sp?] products advertised everywhere. but im also fairly certain those things are bad news. im pretty desperate to not feel so friggin exhausted all the time.

yesterday, i only lasted 30 min on the elliptical before i decided to stop.

so what is a good way to gain a burst of energy?

Replies

• UponThisRock
    UponThisRock Posts: 4,522 Member
    Options
    Good 'ol caffeine
  • dropofhope
    Options
    Are you drinking enough water? That's usually my problem. Are you able to take nap during the day? I feel ya, it could just be this time of year makes people exhausted...

Good luck!
  • sara709
    sara709 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    Make sure you're drinking lots of water and fruit! I like oranges personally :)
  • papastu
    papastu Posts: 737 Member
    Options
    low fat peanut butter :tongue:
  • monocot
    monocot Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    lately i've been taking Vitamin D in the morning and that seems to make me more awake during the day.. But i do sleep about 10 hours a night.....
  • papastu
    papastu Posts: 737 Member
    Options
    btw , clukis put some clothes on :smokin:
  • agthorn
    agthorn Posts: 1,844 Member
    Options
    I take a super-B vitamin complex in the AM and it seems to help. I accidentally took it once around 8pm and 4 hours later I was as wide awake as if I had drank a cup of coffee.
  • sunnyrunner23
    sunnyrunner23 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    I need to see what people are suggesting. I get the same way just so tired!
  • Elisirmon
    Elisirmon Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    Are you eating enough for your workouts? Plus water is a great energy boost you can also take vitamin B siblungual drops for energy.
  • msallymae
    msallymae Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    liquid vitamin b complex in your juice, or water or whatever. its awesome stuff.
  • pascale485
    pascale485 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    an apple! Does the same thing than a cup of coffee.
  • paeli
    paeli Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    Have heard apples are good at waking you up. Dunno how true, but I heard it's "better than a cup o' joe in the morning!". Also, try to schedule yourself more sleep? and keep hydrated?

Edit: Someone just beat me to it! P.S I'm eating an apple right now ;))
  • annameier8706
    annameier8706 Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    https://www.advocare.com/11098638/Store/ItemDetail.aspx?itemCode=A4096&id=E&flavor=L&size=P

This stuff is a wonder drink! It's like an energy drink, but made with vitamins and minerals, plus th caffeine of 2 cups of coffee. Just mix it with water and drink it down.
  • boston6
    boston6 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Doesn't look like you're eating enough, especially on heavy workout days.
  • momof8munchkins
    momof8munchkins Posts: 1,167 Member
    Options
    protein shake made with flax milk.. must be the omega 3's but I always get a burst of energy after a serving of flax milk for some reason and vitamins B-12 and D3 give me energy
  • saintspoon
    saintspoon Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    rapid disolve vit B-12 tabs that you place under your tongue! they Aren't very expensive & you get them at the pharmacy. b vitamins will give you an energy boost.

You can get these tiny energy drinks called 5-hour Energy.. they are mostly b vitamins with some caffein but there's about the same as a normal cup of coffee so you're not over-doing it. I find this is the best energy drink, it's sugar free & it's like a quarter cup worth of beverage so you don't have to suck down a huge can of Monster or something like that!

That's an idea but making sure you get your propper protien/carb snack or meal before your workout is way more important so look into what you've eaten before running for the energy bottle!
  • jrowan4688
    jrowan4688 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    B-12 Vitamin or Cinnamon and Sugar Soy butter...YUM!
  • jrowan4688
    jrowan4688 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Sipping Green Tea throughout the day definitely helps as well
  • timadotcom
    timadotcom Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    5 hour energy... it's wonderful!!
  • hbart500
    hbart500 Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    cut up a lemon and put it in your water...i replaced my coffee with that in the morning. I keep it at room temp because it helps with a lot of different things. Good for energy, health, face, etc etc the list goes on forever. :)