Hi there, I need some support to keep going.

Options
Hi, I'm Carisse.

I've lost 60 lbs already and still need to lose more to reach my goal. The only issue is I gained 13 lbs this past month and I'm freaking out. [The difference now is that this month I got a personal trainer..] I'm really stressing. Any words of wisdom?

It will be nice meeting everyone and I look forward getting fit with everyone here.

Replies

• pattiecakes79
    Options
    Keep going mama dont go back you come too far....
  • 3GKnight
    3GKnight Posts: 203
    Options
    60 lbs?! That's great, even if you got a little of it back.

I'm new to this whole weight loss thing, but if what I hear is right, some fluctuation is part of the process. I can't imagine stressing about it helps at all.

You'll do great and good luck with the coach!
  • cppeace
    cppeace Posts: 764 Member
    Options
    you've lost so much. Keep pushing you're doing great. If the only change you made was a personal trainer I'd say gonna mostly be slight muscle increase and lots of water weight. Ignore the scale and take the measurements. feel free to friend me.
    YOU CAN DO THIS :)
    Kimmy
  • MelissaW1978
    MelissaW1978 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    You've come too far to regress! I would take measurements and keep at it:-)
  • merrick7871
    Options
    You have come to far to give up now! You can do it!
  • mydarlingrainbow
    Options
    Yeah. I'm trying hard not to freak myself out. And I should just measure at this point.

Blah, I't just so freaking hard.
  • cindysg3
    cindysg3 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Have you gained the 13 poounds since starting with the trainer? Are you gaining weight because your gaining more muscle? Muscle weighs more than fat. What does your trainer have to say? Did your size change? These are all indicators that maybe your body is changing to something new. You can do this so hang in there.
  • Yougrin
    Options
    Maybe because you have a personal trainer you are working out differently and gaining muscle (which weighs more than fat) either way ... You can do it! :smile:
  • Hellbent_Heidi
    Hellbent_Heidi Posts: 3,669 Member
    Options
    I'm sure its just a readjustment of your body composition, and if you're working out harder and doing more weight intensive stuff, the muscles hold onto water to repair themselves.

Like others said, do some measurements, and don't lose site of your AWESOME progress so far.

I'd say you've got this down!! :drinker:
  • mydarlingrainbow
    Options
    Have you gained the 13 poounds since starting with the trainer? Are you gaining weight because your gaining more muscle? Muscle weighs more than fat. What does your trainer have to say? Did your size change? These are all indicators that maybe your body is changing to something new. You can do this so hang in there.

I went up a good 5 lbs after starting [and now I'm currently working out 6 days a week unlike the 3 days I'm used too]
    My size is still a 6, and my trainer says not to worry... So I'm trying not too.